Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone crossed SGC to PSA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have this card.
34e5dab.jpg
m

I've owned 7 Gretzkys over the years, including a pair of PSA 9's. This is the nicest one I've owned. The sentiments were echoed by Brian Wentz, who sold me the card. Said it was nicer than some of the 9's he's owned (as well as ALL of the SGC 92's).

At the time it was graded, PSA didn't have half point grades. They do now.

Now, this is one of my favorite cards, and I have little intention of moving it. It's probably worth $2500 in the current slab.

BUT...
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171619902214

That's a LOT Of money to leave on the table. That's a $3500+ profit.

What do you think the realistic odds of it crossing to an 8.5? I'd have to submit it already graded, no way in hell I'm risking damaging it - although I've submitted around 100 '79's over the years, and I'm 80% certain it would grade 8.5 if submitted raw. Still, not worth it.

Would it be smart to sub it graded with a M/G of 8.5? If it doesn't cross, I'd probably be put under $100.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've never cross graded , but if def use a MG to have it cracked . If it graded an 8 what's the outcome price wise vs the 92? Looking at yours vs the example , the examples left edge looks a lil stronger and the print dot (at least what it looks like on the left border) worries me some on a cross.

How upset would you be with an 8 PSA? I guess that's how I would think about wether you want to MG it.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts