Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is PSA a legit grading company?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
No worse than BGS giving the strasburg super a 9.5 when the centering was absolutely horrible front and back, just like fake patches to fake auto every segment of the hobby is crooked and it's sad. All these grading companies are money grabs and if you pay them enough you'll get your grade!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It may have been shaved so close that it still fit a standard card size. That space under the 7/50 barely changed and it was enough to fix the white. Not saying PSA gets a pass , but if it isn't evident that its trimmed , not sure what can be done. Things I've seen with centering (like mentioned on the SS) , and other things the naked eye can see and still getting 9.5/10s there is def no excuse for and hurts the integrity of grading and those who actually have legit 9.5/10 stuff that should be graded as such.

Ryan

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Read the book, "The Card," about PSA knowingly grading the legendary Gretzky T206 Honus Wagner that was cut and trimmed from a sheet, and other shady moves from PSA and the grading industry.
Not to mention PSA and BGS both hiring regular shlubs with no grading or archival experience, to grade hundreds of cards a day, at the rate of several a minute, and you'll realize that grading is a joke.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Read the book, "The Card," about PSA knowingly grading the legendary Gretzky T206 Honus Wagner that was cut and trimmed from a sheet, and other shady moves from PSA and the grading industry.
Not to mention PSA and BGS both hiring regular shlubs with no grading or archival experience, to grade hundreds of cards a day, at the rate of several a minute, and you'll realize that grading is a joke.

Adults ruin everything

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
They're legit and most folks don't know about all the allegedly screw-ups, etc.

Until that happens their standing will stay the same.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
You can say that for the last 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Jeter card that sold as well that sold at Small Traditions for over $30,000.00 How it got a PSA 10 with the refractor line running through the card and the centering being off is beyond me. I have a PSA 8 and a PSA 10 Mirror Blue Jeter and the Mirror Gold looked more like the PSA 8 then the PSA 10. Seems like a hook up to me because my Blue has no refractor lines, corners are sharp where I didn't see any issues and it was cut exactly the same as the Mirror Gold. I prefer beckett more so because of the subgrades but PSA is way more popular.

Attachments

• 14480b_lg.jpg
    14480b_lg.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Mirror Blue Jeter.jpg
    Mirror Blue Jeter.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 19

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
You can say that for the last 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Jeter card that sold as well that sold at Small Traditions for over $30,000.00 How it got a PSA 10 with the refractor line running through the card and the centering being off is beyond me. I have a PSA 8 and a PSA 10 Mirror Blue Jeter and the Mirror Gold looked more like the PSA 8 then the PSA 10. Seems like a hook up to me because my Blue has no refractor lines, corners are sharp where I didn't see any issues and it was cut exactly the same as the Mirror Gold. I prefer beckett more so because of the subgrades but PSA is way more popular.

And that's what's wrong w buying the grade when there are obvious flaws.

Ryan

Members online