Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Picked up this nice four card lot last week. Four hall of famers all with flannel wool patches. I espically like the Jim Palmer. Palmer has a ton of patch cards but has very few flannel wool patches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 61

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Huge mail day for me. I've been waiting to land a roger Maris barrel for what seems like 10 years. I finally snagged one. The barrel looks awesome too, looks really beat up like it saw a bunch of use. The only thing I don't like is the terrible Beckett holder I have to get it out of. It makes my picture kinda fuzzy too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 65

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not exactly a patch but beggars can't be choosers. The cards with just Johnson have gone for over a grand, so I thought getting this for under a grand (part cash part trade) was pretty decent.

s-l1600.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That's how you were sent a $1,000 card?

That's the eBay image I haven't received it yet. That said, I would have no problem of it was shipped like that. From years of experience I don't think there is a safer method than a toploader. True a team bag is nicer than tape but I've never seen a card damaged because of tape being used.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I was finally able to land one of my most wanted cards from one of the best products ever. The original prime cuts. I remember when this card came out in 2004 and it was one of the best cards from the product and the best patch cards I've ever seen. It's still one of the best patch patch cards I've ever seen. It consists of a dual wool old school patch from mel ott and Ted Williams, while also a cut signature from each. I tried to aquire this card at the national this year and the asking price was just to much. I was happy when the card hit eBay a couple weeks ago and I was pleased with my purchase price too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts