Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Should we start a thread for that or mix?

i would LOVE to see what you guys have!

To be honest, maybe 5% of my HOF autos are in my bucket I have to do the effort of going in and uploading all of them but I would be happy to post some as I do it in this thread. I've gotten into the idea of custom pieces, this is one that I did recently with a buddy of mine on here and have another in mind for the near future.

get-attachment-1.aspx_zpsf31sgiuc.jpeg

get-attachment.aspx_zps9s0aw5ts.jpeg

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I can believe 17 ruth barrels. Some bats had two barrels produced. I can imagine maybe 10-12 ruth bats have got cut up. Ruth bats actually aren't that un-common, so I don't think that's is a huge number

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I can believe 17 ruth barrels. Some bats had two barrels produced. I can imagine maybe 10-12 ruth bats have got cut up. Ruth bats actually aren't that un-common, so I don't think that's is a huge number

I get some are available , but the ones w provenance and legit usually bring out memorabilia collectors. Are the card companies really dissing out $100k plus? I am trying to see if I can match even one from an auction to a card. I'm not trying to jump into the everything is fake crowd , but when I saw that the 1998 bat sold for $23k and they said it was Mastro , and no 1997-up Mastro bats are said to match , I'm scratching my head as I start looking. Are most if these 10-17 bats private sales to the companies, if so it's tough to find legitimacy. An audit of DLP , Panini , Topps , and UD should be the next thing Congress addresses ;)

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I get some are available , but the ones w provenance and legit usually bring out memorabilia collectors. Are the card companies really dissing out $100k plus? I am trying to see if I can match even one from an auction to a card. I'm not trying to jump into the everything is fake crowd , but when I saw that the 1998 bat sold for $23k and they said it was Mastro , and no 1997-up Mastro bats are said to match , I'm scratching my head as I start looking. Are most if these 10-17 bats private sales to the companies, if so it's tough to find legitimacy. An audit of DLP , Panini , Topps , and UD should be the next thing Congress addresses ;)

Ryan

my guess is they have a broker working for them to land material and are doing private deals. I'm going to guess from 98-2005 Ruth bats and other big time players were fairly cheap? This is just my oponion? Thoughts?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

I would guess half of that. Of the 17 how many would you think are full nameplate?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
i have wondered that for a long time??? Even with modern players you hardly ever see it? Why is that?

I was always taught to use the non-marked sides of the bat as your preferred hitting areas. "Trademark up"

That's likely why you don't see a lot of marks in those nameplate areas.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I was always taught to use the non-marked sides of the bat as your preferred hitting areas. "Trademark up"

That's likely why you don't see a lot of marks in those nameplate areas.

Could be wrong, but I think he means other wording and inscriptions on the bats aside from just the name

Like the Lousiville Slugger logo, Marucci, etc

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Could be wrong, but I think he means other wording and inscriptions on the bats aside from just the name

Like the Lousiville Slugger logo, Marucci, etc

Correct , I mean where are the "Louisville Slugger" type marks/engravings in bat barrel style cards.

Ryan

Members online