Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Crown Royale "Blue" Inserts Info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have tried a few other forums and haven't got many answers. Thought I would try here as well…. Does anyone know the story behind these? I have been collecting the 2014 crown Royale cards and have only seen a handful of the blue inserts, I imagine they are extremely rare as these are the only examples of these ones I have seen, but does anyone know an actual print run on these? Of course the panini website does not help and beckett just lists them as a parallel. I have sent panini an email but I am not holding my breath

Thanks

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Just wanted to update this in case anyone was interested. So here is what I emailed panini about these blue variations

Hello,
I am a big collector of your 2014 Crown Royale football cards and have collected a few of the Blue insert parallels (panini Choice, Master Craftsmen, Crown Jewels). On your checklist it just shows them as another parallel; however, I have noticed that they are few and far between on the auction sites/forums. Can you help me shed some light on these? Did you know how Short printed they are? Is there 5 of each, 10 of each? I was considering trying to collect the set but am feeling it will be quite the task and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time .

Panini’s response
We have not yet released print run information for those subsets. Any updated information will be released through the Panini America Blog, "The Knight's Lance" and the checklist on our website will be updated.
Sorry we were unable to be more helpful at this time. Have a great day!

So does anyone think they will actually give us a print run on these cards?? Or will it always be a secret mystery?

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Hmmm , can't see why waiting any longer would be beneficial to helping the product move.

Ryan

I would think if they gave a print run and say they were very low, say less than 5 it may spark a bit more interest. I am actually surprised that this set isn't very popular outside of the Silhouettes, I think they are pretty sharp looking IMO.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I would think if they gave a print run and say they were very low, say less than 5 it may spark a bit more interest. I am actually surprised that this set isn't very popular outside of the Silhouettes, I think they are pretty sharp looking IMO.

Right , that's what I meant . Putting it out there now may help drive interest some

Ryan

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wow, can't believe they just gave a b.s. generic response like that. This is what we have to look forward to under the new football monopoly. :(

Perhaps those are so hard to find because they're a retail only parallel, perhaps exclusive to one store.

I too love Crown Royale and don't get why it doesn't receive more hobby love. Oh well, that works out well for me since prices stay low on the players I collect. I picked up a 1/1 for $20 and numerous /10, /14, and /5 cards for dirt cheap. I'm kicking myself for forgetting to hop on and place a bid on an Allen Hurns /5 that ended the other day for for roughly $3.

I've nearly completed the rainbow of one rookie (missing one /10 and the hobby 1/1), and it was incredibly friendly. I LOVE the black retail 1/1s. They don't scan well, but look pretty sweet in hand.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Wow, can't believe they just gave a b.s. generic response like that. This is what we have to look forward to under the new football monopoly. :(

Perhaps those are so hard to find because they're a retail only parallel, perhaps exclusive to one store.

I too love Crown Royale and don't get why it doesn't receive more hobby love. Oh well, that works out well for me since prices stay low on the players I collect. I picked up a 1/1 for $20 and numerous /10, /14, and /5 cards for dirt cheap. I'm kicking myself for forgetting to hop on and place a bid on an Allen Hurns /5 that ended the other day for for roughly $3.

I've nearly completed the rainbow of one rookie (missing one /10 and the hobby 1/1), and it was incredibly friendly. I LOVE the black retail 1/1s. They don't scan well, but look pretty sweet in hand.

I am in complete agreement with you on this product. I have picked up so much stuff for dirt cheap IT IS RIDICULOUS. I really think they are some incredible cards. And yes that Allen Hurns is on its way to me LOL>
I have been debating whether to dump my loot on this product right now sadly because I cant help but continue to buy it up. It is cheap til you buy too much of it HAHA :) If you are interested in seeing my "loot" look here. http://rgabriele1.wix.com/collectible-paradise#!crown-royale/cr3c
Most any card on here cost me was the Andrew Luck Pink for 30, which someone swapped me out for the Platinum /5 Luck. Almost every card I picked up was for under 10 bucks, and most for under 5. Hey, it looks like you also collect J Shockey? Any chance you have the 2004 Leaf rookies and stars Prime Cuts /25 card? That is the last one I need for that set and thought I would ask!!

Last edited:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I browsed your collection when you posted the link on Blowout (I'm "The Card Album" over there). It looks great! Glad you're the one who ended up winning the Hurns.

Sorry, but I don't have that Shockey.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I browsed your collection when you posted the link on Blowout (I'm "The Card Album" over there). It looks great! Glad you're the one who ended up winning the Hurns.

Sorry, but I don't have that Shockey.

Thanks for the compliment and darn it on the Shockey, had to try. If you need to finish a rainbow and I have one you need feel free to shoot me a PM or let me know here.. Maybe I can help :)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the offer. I don't believe you have the /10 I'm looking for. I wish I could have helped you with the Shockey. At least you were able to land that Taylor. That one is a beaut.

I still can't figure out how the Red Holofoil is called red. It's clearly a purple or pink. It took me a while, along with turning some of my hair gray, to figure out what it was. I thought maybe some purples were /25, and that was one of them :lol:.

Here's the rainbow I'm working on, or as I like to call it, the his "Crown Jewels". I have the Premiere Date /14 incoming.

storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-black-rc-front.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-green-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-platinum-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-pink-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-purple-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-gold-holofoil-rc.png

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I busted a lot of retail boxes of this 5-7 I think so I have all kinds of inserts and players cards. I need to check them to see if I have a thing like those blues. They look cool to me

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Thanks for the offer. I don't believe you have the /10 I'm looking for. I wish I could have helped you with the Shockey. At least you were able to land that Taylor. That one is a beaut.

I still can't figure out how the Red Holofoil is called red. It's clearly a purple or pink. It took me a while, along with turning some of my hair gray, to figure out what it was. I thought maybe some purples were /25, and that was one of them :lol:.

Here's the rainbow I'm working on, or as I like to call it, the his "Crown Jewels". I have the Premiere Date /14 incoming.

storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-black-rc-front.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-green-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-platinum-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-retail-pink-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-purple-rc.png
storm-johnson-2014-crown-royale-gold-holofoil-rc.png

Looks like you need the Blue 1/1 and the "Purple" /10. You should also add to that picture the base silver, Gold /99, silver /199 (Hobby) and the base bronze, Red /99 and Blue /199 (retail) to that picture. That would look sweet). If I see either the blue 1/1 or Purple /10 Ill make sure to shoot you a line. They did a great job with the colored parallels this year compare to the last few years. The one toned cards look really sharp in person. Simple yet clean looking IMO.

And that Taylor /10 I just won I feel was a great price. I am still shocked I got it for where it went :D. Ending it on Easter may have been my luck.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I busted a lot of retail boxes of this 5-7 I think so I have all kinds of inserts and players cards. I need to check them to see if I have a thing like those blues. They look call to me

I wish I knew which boxes (retail or hobby) had the Blue inserts in them, I busted 20 + boxes of retail and did not pull any Blues. Quite a few greens but NO blues. The blue panini choice in person do look way cool. I missed the Air to the Throne Blue manning/manziel parallel someone listed early on, it sold for like 15 bucks BIN. which was a steal. Really sharp looking.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Pretty happy with these two recent Purchase from COMC. I know one is a green version, but a really nice green version. Should be at my house in the next day or two...

Favre Crown Jewels Green

And this Beauty
Luck Manning Knights and Squires Blue

I love the look of the blues. Really sharp

Last edited:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking that one over, but figured I'd hold out and see if it went to auction or dropped a few bucks. I'm too cheap Lol.

Members online

Latest posts