Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph ID Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Having trouble IDing these 2. Approx 2010ish with Milwaukee. The first looks very familiar but it's not hitting me.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1428352708.816988.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1428352720.615010.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
youd think, but comparing it to his other autos. it is very similar
Yeah, I thought so too at first. And Cirillo was #6 , so maybe that says #6 and not 56 or 36.

Maybe Brewer Andy was being sarcastic when he said the signature looks familiar and it really is Cirillo.
But Cirillo's last season in Milwaukee was 2006, so would have been signed after his career ended.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Yeah, I thought so too at first. And Cirillo was [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] , so maybe that says [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 [/URL] and not 56 or 36.

Maybe Brewer Andy was being sarcastic when he said the signature looks familiar and it really is Cirillo.
But Cirillo's last season in Milwaukee was 2006, so would have been signed after his career ended.

No Brewer player wore #56 since 03' (sig is not Jayson Durocher) and the last player to wear #36 is Lorenzo Cain in 2010 (def not his sig). #6 makes the most sense with Cirillo being the last to wear that #, and the sig resembles his IP autograph. I've checked out a dozen other 'J' named players in the 08-12' timeframe and couldn't find any signature matches. Josh Wilson is the closest (besides Cirillo) but I'm almost positive it's not him.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No Brewer player wore #56 since 03' (sig is not Jayson Durocher) and the last player to wear #36 is Lorenzo Cain in 2010 (def not his sig). #6 makes the most sense with Cirillo being the last to wear that #, and the sig resembles his IP autograph.
Cirillo also wore #26 with the Brewers, but that was in the '90s, more than a decade before Brewer Andy said the helmet was signed.
If it is Cirillo, he signed it after he retired and put the old uniform number on it.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ha, there's a resemblance to Cirillo's which may be why it seems familiar, but I've never seen him sign without a clear distinction between first and last names and the "F's" in Jeff are usually pretty distinctive

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
the bottom one looks like Richie sexton.

Definitely looks like an "R" but not much else resembles Sexson's. These came in a lot from a charity auction. All others I could identify were definitely 2010 team. Could be coaches but I don't see a good match with any of them either. Might have to wait till they're in hand to get a better look. I bought the lot mostly for this auto which doesn't come easy to find on a Brewers item :)
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1428369900.152499.jpg

Latest posts