Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage rainbow completed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
As some of you may know, I've been working on this 1934 Batter Up color run for the past couple of years. I had been eluded by the black, blue and browntone version for some time. Greenberg, because he is #57 in the set, has 4 color variations, black, blue, magenta and browntone. To tell the difference between the browntone version, and the black version is quite difficult if you don't have the cards next to each other, the other two are quite easy to spot.

I took a chance on this card on eBay, it came yesterday, and almost to my surprise, it was the browntone version!

Here are the other three (sorry for that miniature scan)

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
That's amazing Buddy! I'm sure glad Doerr wasn't a part of that set-it's difficult enough trying to complete modern rainbows let alone a vintage one!

Thanks,
Jeff

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
That's amazing Buddy! I'm sure glad Doerr wasn't a part of that set-it's difficult enough trying to complete modern rainbows let alone a vintage one!

Thanks,
Jeff
I wish Greenberg were part of more sets! 1933 DeLong, 1941 Goudey, etc.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Love it!! That was a cool set...I think Rick Ferrell has a card in that set but never got around to buying it..

Members online

Latest posts