Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My COMC Package's Wild Ride - Any Help/Experience Appreciated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Things got off to a slow start. I requested shipment from COMC late on Monday, March 30, so they probably did not receive it until the next business day. It eventually was mailed out on Monday, April 6th probably partly delayed due to Good Friday (if COMC employees were off that day).

From there, things went as planned. It went from Redmond, WA to Kent, WA to Charlotte, NC. I am in Gastonia, NC - just outside of Charlotte.

Then things got weird. It went to Monroe, NC and stayed there for five days. Then it went to Merrifield, VA. Then it came back to Gastonia. The worst part happened yesterday. It shows as delivered at 12:32 pm, but I did not receive it.

I went to the post office today and spoke to the Postmaster. He is looking into it and said he'd call me back. Here is what I took from the conversation:

- He said it should not have gone to Monroe.
- When it arrived in Monroe it was marked in the electronic record as "MISSENT"
- He said things going to Merrifield, VA are generally re: change of address
- My package was eventually delivered to an address in 28056 area code, but I am 28054

He already implied COMC is at fault saying three times "this is some strange package." Of course I described to him the mailbox-friendly size of the package and my history of dealing with COMC. I also had to reiterate that I have not recently moved - have lived here for 15 years.

Any insights, experiences, conspiracy theories?

Here is the link: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf...fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=9400111899562517174912

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yes, small in quantity. Should have easily fit in a mailbox.

UPDATE:

I spoke with the Postmaster again this afternoon. It should never have gone from Charlotte to Monroe. This confused Monroe, and they sent it (eventually) to Merrifield VA which is usually a place for forwarded/change of address mail. This wouldn't have been horrible as they would have been able to see that my package was simply misrouted. Instead, my package "hit" because the scanner checks last four letters of last name (NSON) and last three digits of house number (501) and maybe something else like zip code. So they slapped a yellow label right over my name and address and sent it to some other guy whose name ends in NSON with a house number ending in 501 in my city.

They said they are going to recover the package for me. We'll see...

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I had someone at the post office tell me just to use the 5 digit zip code only without the extra numbers you get like from paypal. it just makes it easier to make mistakes.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I had someone at the post office tell me just to use the 5 digit zip code only without the extra numbers you get like from paypal. it just makes it easier to make mistakes.

Yet it is usually the post office that recommends using the +4 for more precise delivery. Go figure.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I have had several packages travel around to places they aren't supposed to go the last few months. It seems to be getting worse.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
Wait until your package goes back and forth between the PO and Distribution Center 3 or 4 or 5 times (both in another state). It's like a game sometimes.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Nothing earth-shattering in the package, but some pretty nice cards:

2014 Bowman Chrome Shimmer Refractor Adrian Beltre /15
2014 Bowman Chrome Black Static Refractor Tyson Ross /35
2014 Topps Clear Tyson Ross /10
2014 Topps Tek Red Storm Yoenis Cespedes /10
2014 Topps Tek Red Storm Miguel Cabrera /10
2014 Topps Tek Red Storm Sonny Gray /10
2014 Topps Tek Blue Dots Jose Fernandez /5

Members online