Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Bowman Group Break Cost Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
BowmanCompare.JPGSo with 2015 Bowman near, and group breakers starting to list pre sell spots, I decided to conduct a little cost comparison. I could only find a few websites with teams listed for sale, but I will fill in more data as I find it. A few notes:

1) The prices were obtained from the group breakers online stores. When a team is sold, often times they disappear and I am unable to see their price, which means some data is incomplete.

2) I decided not to ask the group breakers for their prices, as I felt it may skew the results if they knew this would be done and shared.

3) I would like to emphasize that price should not be the sole measure of the value, as some of these breakers have better service, and have built rapport with the collecting community.

4) Prices reflect "pick your team" style on a 12 box hobby case break.

Well here it is. Please let me know if you have any of the missing data and I will be happy to fill in the blanks. I will share more later. Also - I am not sure yet if I will do more of these or if this is just a one time thing, so please let me know any feedback.

**Added more breakers/pricing on 4/24

View attachment 49119

Last edited:

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
this is great!!!

dont forget some of the breaks dont ship all cards, some hold back the paper and some just send the hits.....

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Don't go getting any ideas now...

Don't worry. Won't happen and I also charge a flat rate for shipping and most breaks end up shipping priority mail and I don't add to shipping

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
So with 2015 Bowman near, and group breakers starting to list pre sell spots, I decided to conduct a little cost comparison. I could only find a few websites with teams listed for sale, but I will fill in more data as I find it. A few notes:

1) The prices were obtained from the group breakers online stores. When a team is sold, often times they disappear and I am unable to see their price, which means some data is incomplete.

2) I decided not to ask the group breakers for their prices, as I felt it may skew the results if they knew this would be done and shared.

3) I would like to emphasize that price should not be the sole measure of the value, as some of these breakers have better service, and have built rapport with the collecting community.

4) Prices reflect "pick your team" style on a 12 box hobby case break.

Well here it is. Please let me know if you have any of the missing data and I will be happy to fill in the blanks. I will share more later. Also - I am not sure yet if I will do more of these or if this is just a one time thing, so please let me know any feedback.
View attachment 49119

This is really great information. thanks for sharing it and i hope you share more!

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
42.60 avg x 30 = $1278

Hobby = $770 on Bo today

This is for a hobby case not jumbo

CRAZY!!!!

I should point out that what typically happens is that the breaker put up initial prices to see who bites, then reduce the price of unsold teams as the break date gets closer in order to sell it out. Im not saying this changes much, but should be understood before jumping to conclusions.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I should point out that what typically happens is that the breaker put up initial prices to see who bites, then reduce the price of unsold teams as the break date gets closer in order to sell it out. Im not saying this changes much, but should be understood before jumping to conclusions.

Very true. That is the model my old breaker used (called a reverse auction). It created some interesting bargains.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Lots of great points made and some excellent information provided. I will add to a few of them as I think there are some variables that do need to be taken into consideration when just looking at a pricing graph.

1. Some of these prices do include shipping, some do not.

2. Some breakers charge tax, some do not

3. Some breakers include the paper, some do not

4. Some of these breakers have been around for years, some are very new and are looking to make a "splash" with pricing

5. Some of the breakers listed start their prices higher and slowly move them down over time as they aren't selling.

Good comparison and information, thanks for putting it all together.

Last edited:

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Lots of great points made and some excellent information provided. I will add to a few of them as I think there are some variables that do need to be taken into consideration when just looking at a pricing graph.

1. Some of these prices do include shipping, some do not.

2. Some breakers charge tax, some do not

3. Some breakers include the paper, some do not

4. Some of these breakers have been around for years, some are very new and are looking to make a "splash" with pricing

5. Some of the breakers listed start their prices higher and slowly move them down over time as they aren't selling.

Good comparison and information, thanks for putting it all together.

Great, valid points and thank you for the feedback.

Just curious...can you give me an example of anyone who charges tax and/or shipping on top of their spot price? I've never come across this before, so I'm curious to who does this and what their mindset is.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
2015 Bowman Jumbo - Random Style Comparison

Cant decide who's break to join for a 2015 Bowman Jumbo Random? Here's a little better breakdown on what you are paying for:

JumboRandom.JPG

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
Feel free to do a price comparison on LiveGroupBreaks.com as well. We don't do pick your team breaks, except in the PC Club (wherein, participants pick their PC team and they have rights to their PC team for every month's PC break. All unclaimed PC teams are sold in auction format and the proceeds from unclaimed team is distributed evenly amongst all PC owners as break credit towards next month's PC break).

On regular, non PC-Club breaks, we typically do team auction, team snake draft, and random. Team draft usually only has around 20 spots available, as to give those who end up with a low draft pick added value with two teams.

Members online

Latest posts