Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ADDISON RUSSELL CALLED UP TO THE CUBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Did not see this coming yet! Looks like he will be placed at 2nd base for the time being.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Did not see this coming yet! Looks like he will be placed at 2nd base for the time being.

Correct. Waste of his talents, though. Theo needs to either move or trade Castro.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Russell will play second base for #Cubs . Team still views shortstop as his best position. Promotion first reported by @JonHeymanCBS.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Isn't he better defensively at SS [over Castro] though?

I'm a fan of Addison so I hope he does well in Chicago. Good to see the Cubs bring up all of their young talent.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Isn't he better defensively at SS [over Castro] though?

I'm a fan of Addison so I hope he does well in Chicago. Good to see the Cubs bring up all of their young talent.

I am going to say, we will see about that. Castro has looked really good defensively so far this year. Seems to have a new attitude towards defense. He played a phenomenal game game yesterday. Russell looks very good defensively, and has a quick release, but in my opinion leaves something to be desired with his arm strength.

Latest posts