Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it wrong to cheer for A-Rod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I am a huge Yankees fan, and have my fingers crossed, but I have a bad feeling that this resurgence isn't going to end well..... I hope I am wrong, but the guy is hammering the ball at 39 like he is 25 again (As far as long balls). His average is only 267. But because of his long balls I would imagine I am not the only one with a little doubt on this one. And yes, I am saying I think he may be using something again.

This is the biggest problem he is going to have IMO. Even if he is clean now, there will alway be that doubt. But, as a fan, I will ride it as far as he can go!!

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I am a huge Yankees fan, and have my fingers crossed, but I have a bad feeling that this resurgence isn't going to end well..... I hope I am wrong, but the guy is hammering the ball at 39 like he is 25 again (As far as long balls). His average is only 267. But because of his long balls I would imagine I am not the only one with a little doubt on this one. And yes, I am saying I think he may be using something again.

This is the biggest problem he is going to have IMO. Even if he is clean now, there will alway be that doubt. But, as a fan, I will ride it as far as he can go!!

I doubt nothing. But my opinion counts for nothing. Just like most others

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'm a huge Arod fan (also Bonds and Clemens) and I'm really rooting for him to continue this great season. Much like Bonds and Clemens, u can't deny the man has tons talents PEDs or not. I'm hoping Alex can continue to stay healthy

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Huge A-Rod fan. Don't care much about Bonds or Clemens but I have so much respect for A-Rod's swing and A-Rod's talent. I'm not surprised he's started off huge. He's had so much time to just let people talk and come back and prove everyone wrong, in my opinion he basically had two choices: A) retire with more money than you ever know what to do with and B) come back to baseball, come back to the fans and critics but if you do that you have to prove everyone wrong. So far he's doing that, but we'll see if his body holds up.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Been an AROD fan since day 1, he has stepped on his crank a few times and has been keeping a low profile getting ready for this season. And from what I see, it is paying off. I can sincerely hope by the end of his contract he has won the hearts and minds of Baseball fans.
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1430176400.520478.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I'm not a Yankee fan (obviously) so I'd never root for the guy just because he's a Yankee, but I don't see any reason why Yankee fans shouldn't root for him. Plenty of guys who got caught using came back and continued playing and got cheered by their teams fans (Pettite, Giambi, Melky, Ryan Braun...) Maybe it's because ARod had a more caustic personality, kinda like Bonds, who I think even gets cheered in San Fran, but I see no reason not to root for him (besides the fact he's a Yankee ;) )

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
He's smug, obnoxious, grossly narcissistic, is a serial cheater and lacks any ethics or respect. All the talent in the world and none of the class. I legitimately feel bad for yankees fans who have to hope this guy succeeds when he's at bat.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I am rooting for AROD .... for one more homer. I can't wait to see the embarrasment and bad press between the Yankees and AROD about the milestone homer payment and if the Yankees can find a legal way to avoid having to make the payment.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I am rooting for AROD .... for one more homer. I can't wait to see the embarrasment and bad press between the Yankees and AROD about the milestone homer payment and if the Yankees can find a legal way to avoid having to make the payment.

I know I've read it somewhere else but the Yankees should pay him and he should donate it all

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I think what lance describes is practically every celebrity. Alex is just easier to hate on

Not true. I'm sure if the topic was about other people they would mention them. but this topic is about A-Roid. A-Roid lied and cheated though many years of his baseball career. How can someone congratulate him for that? he is no different than others who use illegal drugs. I always ask this. What if your child came to you and said "Dad I use steroids" Would you say "way to go son"? I doubt it.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
I've never hated any athlete more than I hate A-Rod. I don't wish death on him or anything, but I do wish him the worst as far as his playing career goes.

Latest posts