Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN is changing it name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This happened several years ago :lol:

I did think it was laughable that a snipet was included in Sat night/Sun morning SCalong with the Derby, draft, boxing, and a game 7 with the defending champs.

ESPN also lost all credibility since they control the SEC network.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
All digs aside, how can anyone expect the "Worldwide Leader" to being fully trusted when they pay rights fees to (3 of the 4) Leagues they covered too?

And not fully related, but that "interview" with Mayweather by Stephen A. was the lowest point, media-wise, for me...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
All digs aside, how can anyone expect the "Worldwide Leader" to being fully trusted when they pay rights fees to (3 of the 4) Leagues they covered too?

And not fully related, but that "interview" with Mayweather by Stephen A. was the lowest point, media-wise, for me...

I dont watch espn anymore. Other than maybe some of the nfl draft and a 30 for 30, they are impossible to watch.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I dont watch espn anymore. Other than maybe some of the nfl draft and a 30 for 30, they are impossible to watch.

Agree 100%. They're terrible. The 30 for 30 series is the only watchable program they have. I watch MLB Network before and during baseball season and some Fox Sports 1 and NFL Network outside of baseball season.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Agree 100%. They're terrible. The 30 for 30 series is the only watchable program they have. I watch MLB Network before and during baseball season and some Fox Sports 1 and NFL Network outside of baseball season.

I stick to MLB Network as well. Sportscenter has become a joke, especially how they try so hard to be funny. Plus Heidi Watney that does quick pitch is beautiful

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012

Completely agree! Besides for a few 30/30's I haven't watched ESPN in years. MLBNetwork is my go-to for anything baseball year round.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ESPN to ESYRSBGPN

Every Single Yankee Red Sox Baseball Game Possible Network.

See? That's what I'm talking about!

i-won-the-internet.png

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I only watch espn on sunday nites to
catch the yankee red sox games.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I only watch espn on sunday nites to
catch the yankee red sox games.

that's because Friday games are on MLB Network and saturday games are on FOX or FOX Sports 1. ;)

EDIT: sunday nights are appointment viewing for me just because it's the only MLB game going on during a boring evening. Monday/Wed ESPN games I'm more likely to stream mlb.tv unless there is a matchup I like on ESPN.

What we really need is all the damn yankees and red sox fans to quit watching ESPN so the ratings tank and other teams that get more ratings can be featured.

Because of the need for ratings, you won't see MLB impose on ESPN a maximum appearance clause for each team in order for a more-balanced MLB slate of games to be televised throughout the season.

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
that's because Friday games are on MLB Network and saturday games are on FOX or FOX Sports 1. ;)

EDIT: sunday nights are appointment viewing for me just because it's the only MLB game going on during a boring evening. Monday/Wed ESPN games I'm more likely to stream mlb.tv unless there is a matchup I like on ESPN.

What we really need is all the damn yankees and red sox fans to quit watching ESPN so the ratings tank and other teams that get more ratings can be featured.

Because of the need for ratings, you won't see MLB impose on ESPN a maximum appearance clause for each team in order for a more-balanced MLB slate of games to be televised throughout the season.

I really don't like when there on the sunday game of the week. The game starts later and the announcers suck.;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts