Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Topps Rookie Cup hobby box live break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I just read about these. I had no idea they were two glued together buybacks with the little trophy embedded, and that the checklist is 460+ subjects, most of whom were obviously not even in the base set of 2005 Topps Rookie Cup. I wonder how many of them never even got made? In the case of Mel Hall, he never had a card with the rookie cup logo, so I wonder if that caused the holdup for manufacture of these things? Would they use his 1984 base card, the Traded card, or what? Kinda crazy little subset this Rookie Cup "relic."

Dale Sveum never had a card with the cup logo on it either. They used his first Topps base card ('87) for his relics. Love those cards! Missed out on a Molitor earlier this year at a reasonable price I believe. I have NO idea what they used to determine the print run to use for each relic card

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Dale Sveum never had a card with the cup logo on it either. They used his first Topps base card ('87) for his relics. Love those cards! Missed out on a Molitor earlier this year at a reasonable price I believe. I have NO idea what they used to determine the print run to use for each relic card

The Dawson is a 1/1, I have it :p

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I honestly don't. The only thing I know is he's listed as #46 .

Beckett lists some of the cards that were exchanges but their list isn't complete from a few examples I've seen. Assuming they used '88 Topps for the Burks card and those being quite easy to find hopefully it was a live card

Members online

Latest posts