Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wells report findings on deflategate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
If you like the patriots then "This just shows that the NFL is out to get them"

If you dislike the patriots then "this report shows they cheat every chance they get"

I would encourage everyone to read the report to make their own conclusions.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
If you like the patriots then "This just shows that the NFL is out to get them"

If you dislike the patriots then "this report shows they cheat every chance they get"

I would encourage everyone to read the report to make their own conclusions.

That is a rational, lucid and cogent statement...and, as such, has no place on this discussion board. :)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I actually think the punishments will be pretty severe. I'd love to see Tom get 6 games and Coach to get 3 or 4, even if he didn't know about it directly...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I hate all the arguments that speak to how effective or non-effective the tactic was, or if it had any bearing on the outcome of a game. The point is, they cheated, or at least tried to. Regardless if it was successful or not, it's still cheating.

Plenty of things that are attempted but not completed are against the law or rules. Should we wipe out all tripping or holding penalties if we can dissect how it didn't really matter to the outcome of the play or game?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I actually think the punishments will be pretty severe. I'd love to see Tom get 6 games and Coach to get 3 or 4, even if he didn't know about it directly...

This isn't Bill's first rodeo with this kind of thing, Brady and Bill should both get stiff punishments. Coming from a Jets fan :p

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
4 games for brady sounds right. He lied and didnt cooperate with the investigation. The draft picks and the fine for a team that has showed a pattern for breaking the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have a hard time trying to consider this within the context of the nfl where everyone does everything that can to get an edge. Players talk of putting Vaseline on their arms, cooking spray on jerseys, stickum on hands etc.

Is this something much more egregious? Are other things being done to the footballs? I have no idea... Makes it hard to have an opinion, though 4 games for this and 2 for Ray Rice initially is crazy to me.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Brady's agent is now saying the Colts and the NFL conducted a "sting operation" against Brady and the Patriots.

This reminds me of the Ryan Braun story that the lab mixed up his sample with someone else's - it was a joke.

Brady's cooperation in the investigation tells the story, his cooperation in Well's investigation can be likened to...............

Well you know ;)

Members online

Latest posts