Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Color for red refractor in person autograph?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Hello, I am going to send a red refractor to get signed and I was wondering if a red sharpie will look good on it. What do you think?

I usually get everything in blue, but this case could be a nice exception.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I am going to send a red refractor to get signed and I was wondering if a red sharpie will look good on it.
Make sure you gently rub the glossy front with either baby powder or an eraser, or the Sharpie ink might not stick well and bubble or smear.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Sounds like a good idea if the photo isn't too dark. Got a pic of the card?

Here is the card in question:

If he signs over his name it should be fine, but if it goes over it might get lost with the jersey.

Make sure you gently rub the glossy front with either baby powder or an eraser, or the Sharpie ink might not stick well and bubble or smear.

Thank you, I always prep my cards before IP hunting.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Staedtler and wipe the surface so it won't bubble.

I like WC's idea about green to go with the colors of the Mexican flag

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Staedtler and wipe the surface so it won't bubble.

I like WC's idea about green to go with the colors of the Mexican flag

Sounds intriguing. I'll think about it, I don't know why it hadn't crossed my mind. So many things I could do with a worthless red ref.

I have to tell you, I thought on Baltazar was going to be a BEAST. I was shocked he never made a splash.....

Seriously? This card is 2005 when I was first starting to seriously and follow overall prospects, I didn't know how he was perceived. I would have liked for him to at least reach MLB for a cup of coffee, would have been one more to the list of players from my state.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I think blue would look pretty nice if he signs in the red part just over the facsimile auto.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Members online

Latest posts