Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I received a very rare card in the mail this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatDoesTheFoxSay

Jun 28, 2014
It is pretty well known that Garvey will not sign his 82 Fleer. If you send a donation and the card TTM, he will keep your money and return the card unsigned. I found this in an IP grapher collection. This card had to have been signed right after the release of 1982 Fleer and just before Garvey decided to not sign it. It wont be long and I will probably send it to PWCC for auction. There should be extremely strong interest in this card.
14kwjt1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I saw that sell for something like $500+. I personally don't think it is his signature though. I think PSA is wrong here.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I saw that sell for something like $500+. I personally don't think it is his signature though. I think PSA is wrong here.

It looks pretty dissimilar from his certified autos but I haven't studied his vintage auto. OP said it was signed very close to release so it could be legit

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
His vintage signatures are much neater. I have never seen the St part of Steve done like that before. I am not a self proclaimed expert, but I do own a "few" signed Garvey items and this looks nothing like anything I have.

Here is a facsimile auto from mid 70s

1982 Show signature:

Early 2000s signature:

Unknown year from a t-shirt:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looking at that 82F graded authentic makes me want to vomit! Look at the last "e" in Steve. WTF??? He never uses that type of "e".

Members online

Latest posts