Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Grading Help: Beckett Incorrectly Labeled Cards, How Do I Catch Them To Fix Before Shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2009
I recently submitted 5 cards under the 10 day service (job ID #334192 ) and after watching all day today, just finally saw them entered into the 'my grading orders' section. However, Beckett failed to label two of my cards correctly:

8675155 Baseball 1989-90 Pacific Senior League Jim Nettles COR 9.5
8675163 Basketball 1993-94 Stadium Club Michael Jordan TD 8.0

Card 8675155 should read "1989-90 Pacific Senior League Glossy" - As it was pulled from the factory set with the Glossy label attached. I have dozens of copies of this card in each variety and this is without a doubt, the glossy variation. A simple comparison to a non-glossy example will show this immediately.

Card 8675163 should read "1993-94 Stadium Club Promos or Prototypes" - this was issued in a nine-card pack of sample cards for dealers and was pulled from the sample pack before submitting to BGS. My promo card is has a resized photo, his last name in blue on front (instead of foil), is missing the copyright info on back beneath the NBA/Team logos and features a differently colored Bulls logo. Again, a simple comparison to a pack issued version will show these differences immediately.

I do not want to have to wait for them to be returned to me in order to have to send them back and have them fix these errors. How can I reach someone to stop the shipment before they are sent? BGS didn't post the grades until after phone/customer service hours so I have no way to reach anyone at this point. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dylan

Jan 14, 2009
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately it's too late and I have to wait for them cards. Apparently they were mailed seconds after grades posted.

Very frustrating considering that these specific cards were sent in for sole purpose of slabbing with proper labeling as both are tough cards. They currently will be labeled as their common counterparts, at least until I can send them back for correction.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts