Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for 1998 Beckett issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
There has been a question hat no one has been able to answer about 1998 Epix cards. I was told that in a beckett issue this was addressed in an artical. I can't find any from 1998 to look through but a reliable source has told me he remembers reading it and how the Epix cards were not as rare as stated I would love to find that article so we can find out if any were as rare as they say.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't have many Becketts from 98 but I'll try to find them.

Don't know why I'm thinking it's in the Travis Lee issue.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I believe I still had a subscription in 1998 and may have the full hyear. I may be able to locate them this weekend. If so, I'll see what I can find.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
heres some info on Hockey Epix
Epix, new to this year, remains the most popular insert from this set. Some cards go beyond Beckett book value even today. In order of least to most scarce, the 24-card cross-brand set (also released in Pinnacle Certified) had four tiers, Play, Game, Season, and Moment, and each tier featured three levels of color, Orange, Purple, and Emerald (with print runs as low as 50 for Season Emerald and 30 for Moment Emerald). So through four tiers and three colors, an Epix master set consisted of 288 cards.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
heres some info on Hockey Epix
Epix, new to this year, remains the most popular insert from this set. Some cards go beyond Beckett book value even today. In order of least to most scarce, the 24-card cross-brand set (also released in Pinnacle Certified) had four tiers, Play, Game, Season, and Moment, and each tier featured three levels of color, Orange, Purple, and Emerald (with print runs as low as 50 for Season Emerald and 30 for Moment Emerald). So through four tiers and three colors, an Epix master set consisted of 288 cards.

The issue I would be looking for would be something that says the print run was more than they initially stated. I am not sure if this exists but what this says also would make a lot of sence as the Season and Moments are both hard finds.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
From the September 98 issue regarding ROOKIE TRADED ALL STAR EPIX (summarizing):

Information provided by pinnacle Brands last month in regards to number of emerald orange and purple all-star epix sets printed was wrong.

According to new information provided by pinnacle the true number of sets is approximately Emerald 400 orange 2400 and purple 1200

In addition a number of major dealers across the nation have reported all star epix cards E1 to E12 coming out of new pinnacle plus packs which were intended to contain only new cards E 13 to E 24

Far more sets were produced than previously announced

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
From the September 98 issue regarding ROOKIE TRADED ALL STAR EPIX (summarizing):

Information provided by pinnacle Brands last month in regards to number of emerald orange and purple all-star epix sets printed was wrong.

According to new information provided by pinnacle the true number of sets is approximately Emerald 400 orange 2400 and purple 1200

In addition a number of major dealers across the nation have reported all star epix cards E1 to E12 coming out of new pinnacle plus packs which were intended to contain only new cards E 13 to E 24

This board is awesome! I love that the OP can get an answer to a rather obscure question about something from almost 20 years ago in just a few hours. Got to love it, great work BBC.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks.

This is why I Love collecting and reading "vintage" card magazines. There's soooooo much info lost to time about this hobby.

I've always thought about how awesome it would be to start a site listing only the rare and obscure info and production numbers which has been lost to time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011

Awesome so it was saying the All-Star Print run was more than it's stated. Thanks for the info so the question of the Moments and Seasons still haven't been answered but I have to believe one had a print run of 50 while the other had a print run of 30. Either way it will be a hard find for both myself and Jared.

Members online