Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals fans stuffing the All-Star ballot boxes; Lead in 8 of 9 positions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I just find it funny how it's only because it's the royals. That's the only part the bothers me. Rest assured, there will be a KC rule starting next year.

I didn't look through the whole thread so you may have answered it , but I'm curious what you think the reason the votes are the way they are now? Do you feel it's just legit votes and KC fans somehow are just voting more than anywhere else? Or do you think something is up with the way the votes occurred?

Ryan

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
KC fans (not all, I voted once) are not voting as they should. Some guys are deserving, some aren't. Either way, it's the system we're stuck with. Most of my posts were baiting theory, because I was bored at work. With the home field to the winner, I think players should start based on more than HR, or fan voting, but to each his own.

Salvy, Cain and Escobar deserve to start. Hosmer may not have Miggy's power, but he will likely win his third consecutive gold glove this year, has some pop, and is very proficient in the base paths. Honestly could go either way, imo. Personally, I think defense wins games. The royals were the best defensive team in baseball, last year. That speaks for itself, because they were not a top offensive team.

Moustakas does not deserve to start at 3rd.

Gordon does deserve to start in LF. He's a defensive beast and led MLB in DRS last year.

Infante and rios don't deserve to be on the ballot.

No one can argue with Salvy as the C. There's not an AL C close to him.

Hope that sums up where I'm at, and gets rid of theory's homer tag. Hope he didn't have a stroke earlier today. Seemed awful upset.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
KC fans (not all, I voted once) are not voting as they should. Some guys are deserving, some aren't. Either way, it's the system we're stuck with. Most of my posts were baiting theory, because I was bored at work. With the home field to the winner, I think players should start based on more than HR, or fan voting, but to each his own.

Salvy, Cain and Escobar deserve to start. Hosmer may not have Miggy's power, but he will likely win his third consecutive gold glove this year, has some pop, and is very proficient in the base paths. Honestly could go either way, imo. Personally, I think defense wins games. The royals were the best defensive team in baseball, last year. That speaks for itself, because they were not a top offensive team.

Moustakas does not deserve to start at 3rd.

Gordon does deserve to start in LF. He's a defensive beast and led MLB in DRS last year.

Infante and rios don't deserve to be on the ballot.

No one can argue with Salvy as the C. There's not an AL C close to him.

Hope that sums up where I'm at, and gets rid of theory's homer tag. Hope he didn't have a stroke earlier today. Seemed awful upset.

Escobar deserves to start? Come on dude
.259 Avg
2 HR
20 RBI
2 SB

The only reason he is in the discussion is because the position might be the worst in baseball. I would take Xander over Alcides.

Gordon, I like Gordon. The case could be made pretty easily that Hanley and/or Cespedes should start over him.

Sally - You could argue that Russ Martin and Steve Vogt are having better years offensively at least.

Lo Cain needs to bow out as well, not even close. He is about 10-12th based on numbers alone.....

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Escobar deserves to start? Come on dude
.259 Avg
2 HR
20 RBI
2 SB

The only reason he is in the discussion is because the position might be the worst in baseball. I would take Xander over Alcides.

Gordon, I like Gordon. The case could be made pretty easily that Hanley and/or Cespedes should start over him.

Sally - You could argue that Russ Martin and Steve Vogt are having better years offensively at least.

Lo Cain needs to bow out as well, not even close. He is about 10-12th based on numbers alone.....

Why do defensive metrics matter to no one Skripsky? Why is it offense or not? Can any AL SS close the gap like Escobar? Bogaerts cannot. Maybe Iglesias.

Lookone at traditional offensive numbers only, is ludacris. Especially when Avg is one of the worst stats there is.

Escibars babip is .282, which means he has been extremely unlucky. His K rate is 10.9%, so he's making contact or walking.

Bogaerts babip is .330, luck has been significantly more on his side. His K rate is 14.5%.

Bogaerts has 1 HR and 5 rbi on Escobar. I know you love Bogaerts, but I'd take the better D over the 1 hr and 5 rbi. Just my .02.

You still have the Xander gem?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I just find it funny how it's only because it's the royals. That's the only part the bothers me. Rest assured, there will be a KC rule starting next year.

I'm so confused reading this thread and your reasoning behind the Royals against the World mentality?

I don't think anyone would be okay with 8 of 9 players leading the balloting from any single team. Why would I care if it was the Royals, Mets, Reds, Tigers, or Yankees? Who would be okay with Didi Gregorious, Stephen Drew, and Chase Headley starting the ASG? I don't understand the logic behind this, care to expand?

Thanks

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Why do defensive metrics matter to no one Skripsky? Why is it offense or not? Can any AL SS close the gap like Escobar? Bogaerts cannot. Maybe Iglesias.

Lookone at traditional offensive numbers only, is ludacris. Especially when Avg is one of the worst stats there is.

Escibars babip is .282, which means he has been extremely unlucky. His K rate is 10.9%, so he's making contact or walking.

Bogaerts babip is .330, luck has been significantly more on his side. His K rate is 14.5%.

Bogaerts has 1 HR and 5 rbi on Escobar. I know you love Bogaerts, but I'd take the better D over the 1 hr and 5 rbi. Just my .02.

Furthermore, weren't you the one downplaying the advanced metrics earlier in the thread? Bringing up BABIP & K% is beyond the typical fan.

Not trying to "pile it on" just sayin :lol:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Furthermore, weren't you the one downplaying the advanced metrics earlier in the thread? Bringing up BABIP & K% is beyond the typical fan.

Not trying to "pile it on" just sayin :lol:

No sir. I said WAR is not the be all end all. I like advanced metrics, but I don't believe a single metric can fully put a total value on a player.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

ahah, I hear you man, I love the defense as well. In reading your post I assumed Escobar was a slam dunk, without looking at the numbers. Then I realized he's having the same old typical defense only type season. I guess that is what urged me to poke at it a bit...

Yes, I still have a few Xander Gems :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Dude, I love the Astros. I'm a major homer. But I know dang good and well there is only one that belongs on the all star team. I'd never vote for them all just because a fan. That's just down right irresponsible.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Dude, I love the Astros. I'm a major homer. But I know dang good and well there is only one that belongs on the all star team. I'd never vote for them all just because a fan. That's just down right irresponsible.

I didn't vote for them all either. Think I've said that 3 or 4 times now. Just Salvy, Escobar, Hosmer, Gordon and Cain.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
ahah, I hear you man, I love the defense as well. In reading your post I assumed Escobar was a slam dunk, without looking at the numbers. Then I realized he's having the same old typical defense only type season. I guess that is what urged me to poke at it a bit...

Yes, I still have a few Xander Gems :D

It's all good, but he's not all defense. He did very well last year. Decent obp and stole 30+ bases :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't vote for them all either. Think I've said that 3 or 4 times now. Just Salvy, Escobar, Hosmer, Gordon and Cain.

No you didn't say you did. But I think you're cool with it. Baiting homeboy or not, I think you're really ok with it.

Just admit it's ridiculous.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yeah, he "bated" me earlier... yet is still saying the exact same homer crap to everyone else in the thread. Sure. I'm sorry, but what a loser. It's bad enough that 4Chan dorks are making this happen, it's worse that there are delusional Royals fans who actually believe it's legit. Tell us again how Hosmer and Miggy is a toss up. LOL What a buffoon.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts