Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1888 Goodwin Champions.....Mighty Casey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Yes....yes it is.

Had an opportunity to do some work for the National Pastime Museum (Casey at the Bat-inspired). Since it was written in 1888, I thought Casey should have his own card. Approximately 17" x 27". Made from cut cards. Not available.

Casey3_zpsizjbdg53.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Follows nicely with the Anson. And since the legend of Casey may have been inspired by King Kelly, he should be next!

Great work - it's enough to even bring joy to Mudville.

My only criticism is that the bat looks like a twig in his mighty hands. A bat in that time period would typically be much longer, with a thicker handle. But it emphasizes his biceps this way.

Last edited:

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Follows nicely with the Anson. And since the legend of Casey may have been inspired by King Kelly, he should be next!

Great work - it's enough to even bring joy to Mudville.

My only criticism is that the bat looks like a twig in his mighty hands. A bat in that time period would typically be much longer, with a thicker handle. But it emphasizes his biceps this way.

Ahhh...you have it! I used a photo of a Cap Anson bat from the period as reference, and I used Ted Kluszewski as a reference for Casey. I wanted to emphasize the size and prominence of the man, hence the proportion of forearms to bat. And yes, Kelly will be completed soon - it was commissioned by the owner owner of the Anson.;)

Nice,
Was kinda hoping it was made out of copies of the poem...but still awesome nonetheless !

That may happen one day! At the moment, I'm really feeling the cut cards. So many different images I want to make from cut cards - I will be taking some time away soon to finish a Lebron made from cut Lebron 1 Nikes from '03, but other than that...I have at least a solid year of cut card pieces on my table!

Members online

Latest posts