Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long does it take you to pay for an auction you win?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jun 30, 2010
Most of the time I pay immediately. Otherwise, within 24 hours. Never, ever paid later than 24 hours. If the money isn't there the item doesn't get bought.

Jun 30, 2010
I try to pay within 24 hours, but it's usually less than a few hours of winning. I put in my auctions to please pay within 24 hours. I doubt many people actually read the full item description where I say that, but out of the handful of items I sell each month, I might have to open a case every other month or so. I'm like the o.p. where I sell very few things each month and most of it is low-end. If you don't have the money to pay, then you shouldn't be bidding. If they don't pay within 3 days, I open a case.

Exactly.....

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I pay as soon as I notice that I've won, sometimes it's right away sometimes it's as long as the next day. I always figured that people that took awhile to pay me were waiting on payment for stuff they sold to hit their account or for pay day for some but maybe they are just slow.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Depends on what you win too. Unless you're either made of money or buy pretty cheap stuff, you have to start letting stuff go. I got tired of that so I've looked for a third option. If the seller is cool with it that is.

Oh yeah, of course. I do not bid on stuff that I do not have the funds to pay immediately after the auction ends. I hate debt.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Right away or the morninh of the next day deepening how late the item ends
For me bc I'm East Coast some items don't end until like 11PM

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I know the cards your talking about and I will buy them after the Nationals if you still have them. I have to pick up a Griffey card that will cost me a lot and try to trade or sell that as soon as I get it so I am a little tapped on money right now but if you need the money right now go ahead and sell it to him if he buys it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I pay the next morning after winning an auction. If I win something at night, even if I snipe and can see I won right then, I'll wait. Why? Because I pay by credit card and don't want to raise my average daily balance by paying at night when I know it won't be shipped until the next day at the earliest. But usually when I get to work the first thing I do is go on ebay. If I BIN something, I'll pay right away.

I don't get the waiting 2 weeks thing, though. Myabe if you have to wait to get paid, but that seems scummy. If I have to wait more than a week, I'll send a query. If I don't get payment within 10 days and no response to my query, I'll start NPB case. That usually shakes payment loose or I just ahve to sell my item again.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I pay immediately, if it's an item I'm excited about.

If it's a reluctant bid, or I'm not that stoked about it, I usually will let it sit for a day or two, hoping something crazy will happen and I won't have to pay. (It hasn't happened yet.)

Latest posts