Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 NBA Draft Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Really looking forward to this draft this year. As Lakers fan, I am split on what they should do with #2 ... Every scenario has good/bad points. I don't want to trade big for Cousins, though. Personally, best case scenario is if they could land Aldridge and draft Russell (and keep Randle)...I'd have high hopes. Of course Kobe will be a 30-8-10 guy next year, so anything extra will be bonus!!

how are you feeling about your team?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
As a Suns Dan , man how my thoughts in their plans have changed in two years. Going into 13/14 I felt things were in place to "be there" by 16/17. Ehhh. Build up the picks , let them go. Bring in guys, let em go. Let your guys go, ect ect. Curious how this draft and off season played out. But I'm not sure I like their chances to improve much.

Ryan

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Disappointed with how the season went as a Timberwolves fan, but happy with how Wiggins played. I think we absolutely have to take Towns, and if we don't I will be very disappointed. I'm not as high on Okafor as others are, although I do think that Russell will become a star player, we just really need a rim protector on defense. I would absolutely love it if we could trade our 2 2nd round picks back into the end of the 1st and get either Tyus Jones or Rashad Vaughn, but it looks like both of them might go too high for us to get.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Of course Kobe will be a 30-8-10 guy next year, so anything extra will be bonus!!

IDK if this is sarcasm, and I'm a Kobe fan, but counting on much from him next season is unwise IMO. But it is always nice when your team holds THE pivotal pick of the whole First Round, to pick or trade.

And not really a Sixers fan (local team), but IF they pass on either Okafor or Russell for the latest Euro big-man stiff, this fan base will burn down their offices. They're close to start with after all the re-building. But they do have FIVE 2nd round picks! :-?

I'm curious to see what the Celtics do at #16 . Great coach, good young roster and have drafted/traded well the last coupla years...

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
As a Pacer fan I'd like Indiana to get Frank K from Wisconsin, but I think he'll go to Charlotte.

Miles Turner from Texas might be a good fit as well.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
IDK if this is sarcasm, and I'm a Kobe fan, but counting on much from him next season is unwise IMO. But it is always nice when your team holds THE pivotal pick of the whole First Round, to pick or trade.

And not really a Sixers fan (local team), but IF they pass on either Okafor or Russell for the latest Euro big-man stiff, this fan base will burn down their offices. They're close to start with after all the re-building. But they do have FIVE 2nd round picks! :-?

I'm curious to see what the Celtics do at #16 . Great coach, good young roster and have drafted/traded well the last coupla years...

Not sarcasm, but I am trying to stay extremely positive, so I am shooting high. Honestly, I would believe those numbers (with the right players around him) more than Paul Pierce numbers (ahem... 11.9 ppg)

The Euro guys are always a put-off for me. Besides Dirk and Parker, there's not one that I really like in the history of the draft, and I feel like they are almost always busts.
**In research for this post, Google pointed me to another forum and I stole this information:

2005- 4 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Ian Mahinmi is the only one still in the NBA. This was also the draft that the Magic drafted Fran Vasquez, and he gave them the finger, and has yet to come to the NBA. They took him over Granger.
2006- 6 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Andrea Bargnani and Joel Freeland are the only two still in the NBA.
2007- 3 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Marco Beli is the only one still in the NBA.
2008- 4 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Gallinari, Ibaka, Ajinca, and Batum. All are still doing well in the NBA.
2009- 5 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Rubio, Casspi, Beaubois still in the league.
2010- 1 European drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Kévin Séraphin is still in the league.
2011- 5 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Valanciunas, Vesely, Biyombo, Montiejunas, Mitotic, solid role guys.
2012- 1 European drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Evan Fournier, meh.
2013- 7 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Greek Freak, Gobert, Lucas Nogueira, Dennis Schröder, Sergey Karasev not bad.
2014- 6 Europeans drafted in 1st round (no NCAA experience), Exum, Saric (who said he isn't going to play for the 76ers), Jusuf Nurkić, Bruno Caboclo, Clint Cappella, who knows what the future holds.

Man, I really hate Euro players!!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Man, I really hate Euro players!!

Good thing you're not a GM! Or else some over-valued player with his secretive Agent might get you take somebody way too high again!

IF I was a GM I'd NEVER take a Euro player in the First Round. IF he's good (eventually or right away) then get him later as a FA but too risky for a First Round pick IMO...

There are some turrible players on that list some of whom never even came over to the US, just used that leverage to get more $$$ out of their current team...

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Really looking forward to this draft this year. As Lakers fan, I am split on what they should do with #2 ... Every scenario has good/bad points. I don't want to trade big for Cousins, though. Personally, best case scenario is if they could land Aldridge and draft Russell (and keep Randle)...I'd have high hopes. Of course Kobe will be a 30-8-10 guy next year, so anything extra will be bonus!!

how are you feeling about your team?

Is Julius Randle ready to go? If so, that would be like getting two #1 's this year.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Rozier is a strange pick for the C's. I love his game but they already 3 similar PGs. Maybe the rumors of their two #1s and one next year for Okafor are true?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Disappointed with how the season went as a Timberwolves fan, but happy with how Wiggins played. I think we absolutely have to take Towns, and if we don't I will be very disappointed. I'm not as high on Okafor as others are, although I do think that Russell will become a star player, we just really need a rim protector on defense. I would absolutely love it if we could trade our 2 2nd round picks back into the end of the 1st and get either Tyus Jones or Rashad Vaughn, but it looks like both of them might go too high for us to get.

Wow, what a great draft for them. T-Wolves could actually do something over the next few years. I wonder if they are going to sign a big-time FA or just let the kids play together for awhile?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Wow, what a great draft for them. T-Wolves could actually do something over the next few years. I wonder if they are going to sign a big-time FA or just let the kids play together for awhile?

I am SUPER EXCITED that they made the moves I was dreaming of them to make! People around MN are definitely excited that Tyus is staying home, even if he doesn't have the star potential he should be a solid backup PG or fringe starter in the league for years to come. With that being said I don't think they will ever be able to lure in a big time FA, so building through the draft and trades is the way to go. There is almost no chance they find someone to take on Pekovic's contract, but he doesn't fit with our team the way we are building it. Only if Rubio could find a somewhat consistent jump shot.. Lineup of Rubio/Jones, LaVine/Martin, Wiggins, Towns/Shabazz, Dieng/Pekovic does look intriguing to watch next year as long as they can stay relatively healthy.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I am SUPER EXCITED that they made the moves I was dreaming of them to make! People around MN are definitely excited that Tyus is staying home, even if he doesn't have the star potential he should be a solid backup PG or fringe starter in the league for years to come. With that being said I don't think they will ever be able to lure in a big time FA, so building through the draft and trades is the way to go. There is almost no chance they find someone to take on Pekovic's contract, but he doesn't fit with our team the way we are building it. Only if Rubio could find a somewhat consistent jump shot.. Lineup of Rubio/Jones, LaVine/Martin, Wiggins, Towns/Shabazz, Dieng/Pekovic does look intriguing to watch next year as long as they can stay relatively healthy.

If Wiggins and Towns becomes stars I think it could become a very enticing destination.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
I think this is an ultra weak draft with no real superstar player. Lots of solid players, but no real NBA stud standout.

Im a huge Kobe fan, this pick wont help them out. Kobe will become kobe material if there is a solid team to lead, otherwise hes back to pad stats.

Members online

No members online now.