Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A new repack product!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
WOW. Those are some sweet cards! I wonder how much for a pack or box?

See below...

Boxes will be $1395 each. 4-box cases - $5545

And ready for this...

I guarantee at least $600 value in the worst box(es)!* :eek: Entire run will average more. It might average a LOT more. :D

* Must be paying attention in order to get at least $600 value in the worst box(es), but it won't be hard. (more on this to follow)

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Did anyone else do a double take at the second card there? I thought, "damn, that's a legit Ruth auto in a well-done cut card, slabbed and all. It's beautiful and a great card (even if unlicensed)." It made me want to see the next card, WHICH WAS A SPARKY ANDERSON CUT with him pictured in a bad 1980s sport coat? I think that card cost more to manufacture than it is worth, but I could be wrong.

These repacks are getting silly. It's kinda fun to watch. Thanks Leaf!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Did anyone else do a double take at the second card there? I thought, "damn, that's a legit Ruth auto in a well-done cut card, slabbed and all. It's beautiful and a great card (even if unlicensed)." It made me want to see the next card, WHICH WAS A SPARKY ANDERSON CUT with him pictured in a bad 1980s sport coat? I think that card cost more to manufacture than it is worth, but I could be wrong.

These repacks are getting silly. It's kinda fun to watch. Thanks Leaf!

How about the Mark McGwire with the MANU patch and the horrible (reprinted) pencil sketch?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
How about the Mark McGwire with the MANU patch and the horrible (reprinted) pencil sketch?
But it's a 1/1. CANT YOU SEE THE 1/1 STAMP ON IT!?

sorry to yell.

How did this Wheeler guy choose the cards for that post, anyway? And I always thought he was a part of Sports Kings when he used to post here. Am I misremembering him as the dude with all of those crazy patches? He seemed connected to the company to me. Anybody know?

guru

Jun 25, 2014
Kentucky
But it's a 1/1. CANT YOU SEE THE 1/1 STAMP ON IT!?

sorry to yell.

How did this Wheeler guy choose the cards for that post, anyway? And I always thought he was a part of Sports Kings when he used to post here. Am I misremembering him as the dude with all of those crazy patches? He seemed connected to the company to me. Anybody know?

I don't think he ever was affiliated with SportKings. But he was the largest buyer of the 1 of 1's in the products.

That Beatles Cut autographed card is one of the best cards I've ever seen!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think he ever was affiliated with SportKings. But he was the largest buyer of the 1 of 1's in the products.

That Beatles Cut autographed card is one of the best cards I've ever seen!
It seems not, but I remember thinking that the language he used to describe SportsKings product always seemed closer to the language used by Clay Luraschi to describe Topps than it did to a collector buying these things on the secondary market.

Oh well, matters not to me either way. Interesting stuff this type of repack. It makes me think that if I ever want to sell of my HOF auto collection, I would do better by creating 244 envelopes with names of the 244 members that I currently have and selling each of them for slightly more than the average of what I could get for selling each one individually. You know grab bag (repack! Case breaks!) that shizz.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Yuck. Mortgage payment, or a box of these ****ty cards? Real tough choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Thanks for the comments everyone, good and bad.

To address some of the comments in this thread...

- I am the guy selling this product.
- I was never associated with Sportkings in any way other than being a collector.
- I'm not doing this to unload my collection.
- I'm trying to introduce a relatively new concept to the hobby, and using my collection to help with that.
- Not skeptical to mention "worst box" as I believe I'm offering one of the best "worst box" scenarios that exist. Reason?...I want to add value to this hobby. Not sure if I'll accomplish that or not, but I'm going to try.

More details coming as I have them, if you guys would like to hear more.

All the best,

Matt

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Matt -

I am curious as to why you announced the product with a "more to come" approach ? You have a Ruth and a Beatles card that are considered "great" but you have 320 boxes, do you feel you have enough big hits to support $1400? Do you think adding the gold/silver will do well vs lowering the box price and removing the metals?

Ryan

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Thanks for the comments everyone, good and bad.

To address some of the comments in this thread...

- I am the guy selling this product.
- I was never associated with Sportkings in any way other than being a collector.
- I'm not doing this to unload my collection.
- I'm trying to introduce a relatively new concept to the hobby, and using my collection to help with that.
- Not skeptical to mention "worst box" as I believe I'm offering one of the best "worst box" scenarios that exist. Reason?...I want to add value to this hobby. Not sure if I'll accomplish that or not, but I'm going to try.

More details coming as I have them, if you guys would like to hear more.

All the best,

Matt

What are the other details?Most soaps aren't even this dramatic.I can't stand the suspense!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Matt -

I am curious as to why you announced the product with a "more to come" approach ? You have a Ruth and a Beatles card that are considered "great" but you have 320 boxes, do you feel you have enough big hits to support $1400? Do you think adding the gold/silver will do well vs lowering the box price and removing the metals?

Ryan

There are a few reasons for the "more to come" approach, two of which are:

- I'm still scanning cards.
- Original content cards are still being put together, literally.

Yes, I think I have enough big hits within the 1/1 category as well as the non-1/1 category. Then there are some fun aspects we're still working on. Hope to have those wrapped up this week.

What are the other details?Most soaps aren't even this dramatic.I can't stand the suspense!

Hopefully I'll be able to release all information by this time next week, if not sooner.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
What has been discerned over on BO:

This is mostly non-sport.

This is 100% unlicensed.

30% is Sportkings garbage. 70% is new unlicensed garbage that doesn't have a history or reputation of Sportkings.

A fool and his money . . . . . . .

Members online