Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Auto Grade on a $1,000 NON-AUTO Card?!!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
sick facs bro :ugeek: :lol:

Not sure who would spend a grand on a throwback anyways

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So what idiot is going to buy it thinking it's real?

Short answer: This idiot.

Long answer: I was recently thinking about adding a 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols to my collection. During my search, I saw this card, and thought it was pretty cool; parallel versions of an Auto/RC that didn't originally have them. I knew it wasn't a 2001 issue, but I just assumed it was like a RC Reprint Autograph (similar to 01 Archives, etc). My knowledge is pretty extensive on cards 2001 and earlier. I haven't paid much attention to newer issues the past 14-15 years. I'm not a genius, but this is a newer issue card, that BGS graded the auto... i could see how a non-idiot would think they are getting a legitimate autograph.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Short answer: This idiot.

Long answer: I was recently thinking about adding a 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols to my collection. During my search, I saw this card, and thought it was pretty cool; parallel versions of an Auto/RC that didn't originally have them. I knew it wasn't a 2001 issue, but I just assumed it was like a RC Reprint Autograph (similar to 01 Archives, etc). My knowledge is pretty extensive on cards 2001 and earlier. I haven't paid much attention to newer issues the past 14-15 years. I'm not a genius, but this is a newer issue card, that BGS graded the auto... i could see how a non-idiot would think they are getting a legitimate autograph.

To your credit the owner took the pic at a crappy angle to make it hard to tell.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That is actually less embarrassing than the Pujols, to me. The Luck is an obvious mistake, but the Pujols makes it seem like the grader couldn't actually tell the auto was printed on the card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts