Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much do you think is a fair price on what to expect for this card? 1/1........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
lol "Stealing" from ebay. As if you are legally obligated to sell through them. They make their money on listing fees, store subscriptions and final value fees. Try getting the police involved and get back to us about whether or not it's stealing to sell your own things whenever and however you please.

Last edited:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
If I trust the person I am going to sell to, I have zero issue removing a listing and doing the deal privately. I don't think it's either sleazy or dishonest.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Stealing services from paypal/ebay is the same as shoplifting in my book. You used their service but refuse to pay for it. You are not a man of integrity and I question anyone that would willingly deal with you on this site.

You need to relax your brain. Your sentiments have nothing to do with the ultimate question of the OP, so by definition you are trolling his thread, which last time I checked was breaking the rules on THIS forum.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A_Pharis

walkinwalkout.gif

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
As much as it greatly pains me to agree with David Anthony on something, I'm not going to automatically side with a respected board member against a moron troll if that moron troll is right. if ebay provides the service of connecting a buyer and seller then they deserve their cut. The argument that their fees are exorbitant is moot because the seller knows what the fees are when they list the item.

If a seller does not like how ebay treats sellers or how much they charge, then they can choose to try to sell it elsewhere...how is using their services then cutting them out of the transaction moral in any way? That's like saying you know shoplifting is wrong, and you wouldn't shoplift from a family-owned business that is scraping by, but you would shoplift from Wal-Mart because they have tons of money and won't even notice it. Make all the excuses you want, it's still stealing and it's wrong.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
As much as it greatly pains me to agree with David Anthony on something, I'm not going to automatically side with a respected board member against a moron troll if that moron troll is right. if ebay provides the service of connecting a buyer and seller then they deserve their cut. The argument that their fees are exorbitant is moot because the seller knows what the fees are when they list the item.

If a seller does not like how ebay treats sellers or how much they charge, then they can choose to try to sell it elsewhere...how is using their services then cutting them out of the transaction moral in any way? That's like saying you know shoplifting is wrong, and you wouldn't shoplift from a family-owned business that is scraping by, but you would shoplift from Wal-Mart because they have tons of money and won't even notice it. Make all the excuses you want, it's still stealing and it's wrong.

I agree that there really isn't a valid excuse to justify it. My post of "really?" was in reference to this isn't the thread to make a point of your feelings on the subject.

Ryan

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I agree that there really isn't a valid excuse to justify it. My post of "really?" Was in reference to this isn't the thread to make a point of your feeling on the subject.

Ryan

Ah, now that I completely agree with. That Mattingly is a cool card, love the Sweet Spot glove autos.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011

We can agree to disagree though 95% of my sales are through ebay I don't have a issue from time to time taken a items off and selling through paypal if I know the person and the price is right. Again some people might abuse it but the mass majority don't if I can save a buck and I know the seller and have dealt with them before it's not like we couldn't have worked a deal if I knew they had the item before he listed it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I cant believe there would even be an argument on the straight to PP thing.
Example
I list a card on eBay for 200. Someone sees my card on there and sends message. Asks me of I would sell to then off eBay for a bit cheaper and mentions they are a member here. We connect over here and i sell to them straight to pp moving our contacts through here. Should I cut eBay a check and thank them for there service for allowing me to list me card there? Not ONE person here would say Yes. This a argument is moot in my book

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Theoretically, the only thing you end up really sticking with eBay for is the limited protection they offer. It's a lot easier to get a refund through them if a deal goes sour. In the end, you don't sign a contract with them and you do what's best for you. You can't really blame anyone. It's no different than these local sellers at shows telling me that if I'm interested, they have a lot more of what I'm looking for for my sets back at their shop or home. Besides, if you pull an auction early, don't they keep the listing fees?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I cant believe there would even be an argument on the straight to PP thing.
Example
I list a card on eBay for 200. Someone sees my card on there and sends message. Asks me of I would sell to then off eBay for a bit cheaper and mentions they are a member here. We connect over here and i sell to them straight to pp moving our contacts through here. Should I cut eBay a check and thank them for there service for allowing me to list me card there? Not ONE person here would say Yes. This a argument is moot in my book

What platform and service was the items listed in , viewed on , 1st contacted through = eBay

It's pretty clear that in an example like you have , if it wasn't for eBay the transaction wouldn't have occurred , it's that simple.

And I have sold off eBay , bought off eBay etc. so I'm not coming at it from a righteous view saying don't do it. But I'm not blind to what service helped complete the transactions.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
What platform and service was the items listed in , viewed on , 1st contacted through = eBay

It's pretty clear that in an example like you have , if it wasn't for eBay the transaction wouldn't have occurred , it's that simple.

And I have sold off eBay , bought off eBay etc. so I'm not coming at it from a righteous view saying don't do it. But I'm not blind to what service helped complete the transactions.

Ryan

Ryan, serious question then. How would you propose in this situation eBay gets paid? A donation? I am not stealing any service. I am utilizing a service that is available to me. I dont complain about the fees that I pay when i do sell on eBay. Just sometimes i am not willing to take less for a card than say 150 after fees and a buyer isnt willing to pay more tham say 155. The Only way to meet on this is off eBay. To each his own I say but to have people call others theives for doing it is hypocrytical IMO and that is where it rubs me the right way.

Rob

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan, serious question then. How would you propose in this situation eBay gets paid? A donation? I am not stealing any service. I am utilizing a service that is available to me. I dont complain about the fees that I pay when i do sell on eBay. Just sometimes i am not willing to take less for a card than say 150 after fees and a buyer isnt willing to pay more tham say 155. The Only way to meet on this is off eBay. To each his own I say but to have people call others theives for doing it is hypocrytical IMO and that is where it rubs me the right way.

Rob

Rob -

Not calling anyone thieves , so that accusation falls to another member , not me. And also stated I do the same things. I am just saying there isn't a valid reason to say eBay wasn't cut out of the scenario in which they should of been paid. Totally different than saying you or anyone is wrong in doing it, but you can't give any justifiable reason (if you had to explain to eBay) why you felt it was ok. That's where I am agreeing with DilferRules. I am 100% ok with people doing it , including myself , I just am stating there isn't a valid reason you can actually give as to why eBay shouldn't be compensated. Not stating we are going to compensate eBay. Different things... Again , I have 0 negativity against anyone doing it , but there is no justifiable reason you could state eBay shouldn't have been paid if it was their service who put the transaction together , that's it.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts