Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1994 Collector's Choice Variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjacox

Jul 16, 2014
Omaha
Does anyone have information on the 1994 Collector's Choice Gold Signature White Letter Variation? I see Beckett recently added it to the Pop Report. Just looking to see if anyone owns one or knows how many exist. Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 76

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I think the tan variations were in factory sets.

A few years ago I bought a set and all the Up Close cards were tan.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jan 14, 2009
Does anyone have information on the 1994 Collector's Choice Gold Signature White Letter Variation? I see Beckett recently added it to the Pop Report. Just looking to see if anyone owns one or knows how many exist. Thanks.

Beckett has confused the collecting market regarding these cards. So I'll try to clarify on the FF subset variations:

Known:

Base, white lettering on front (first letter on back text in white)
Base, white lettering on front (first letter on back text in gray)
Silver Sig, silver lettering on front
Silver Sig, white lettering on front
*back text variations may apply*
Gold Sig, gold lettering on front

To date, I've never seen or heard of a gold sig with white lettering on front and I have player collected a card in the subset and watched over these since 1997.

When it comes to Jeter's card, Beckett has listed a "white letter" version for the base issue in reference to the back text, but he does not have a "gray letter" version so it's a pointless signifier on their part.

Now, where "white letter" becomes relevant is with the Silver Sig cards as all FF subjects can be found in this variety and they are much rarer than their corrected counterparts.

Hope that helps clarify.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I think I've asked this before and I don't recall if I got a true answer. Are these a true variation or just a print error or promo? You can see The Hershiser on the right and the others below are missing the pinstripes. Only ones I've seen so far sorting my collection.
scan0001-1.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
I think I've asked this before and I don't recall if I got a true answer. Are these a true variation or just a print error or promo? You can see The Hershiser on the right and the others below are missing the pinstripes. Only ones I've seen so far sorting my collection.
scan0001-1.jpg

I could be wrong but I think they are print flaws where the border color didn't strike. Or that color combination was out while the others printed correctly. It's obviously isolated to the border area.

I've never seen any others bedsides yours on a few threads and I have looked often since you posted them.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Beckett has confused the collecting market regarding these cards. So I'll try to clarify on the FF subset variations:

Known:

Base, white lettering on front (first letter on back text in white)
Base, white lettering on front (first letter on back text in gray)
Silver Sig, silver lettering on front
Silver Sig, white lettering on front
*back text variations may apply*
Gold Sig, gold lettering on front

To date, I've never seen or heard of a gold sig with white lettering on front and I have player collected a card in the subset and watched over these since 1997.

When it comes to Jeter's card, Beckett has listed a "white letter" version for the base issue in reference to the back text, but he does not have a "gray letter" version so it's a pointless signifier on their part.

Now, where "white letter" becomes relevant is with the Silver Sig cards as all FF subjects can be found in this variety and they are much rarer than their corrected counterparts.

Hope that helps clarify.

Agreed I have looked for many years, I have personally not seen a grey letter back for Jeter and I am not sure if that exists beckett really has no clue on the 90's cards as there missing a lot of variations and Promos. I personally helped them add items on there website mostly to help others know there are cards out there they don't know about. I for one still don't know if I have a master Jeter list of his 1992 to 1996 cards. I have not even built a missing lost from 1997 to 1999 but I know some that are out there. I would like to think I am a subject matter expert on Jeter cards from the 90's.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I was reminded again that there is value in taking some time and picking through player lots on eBay that initially appear to be a waste.

This is not a hugely exciting addition to my collection, but within a 40 card lot of Puckett Junk, I was able to spot the 1994 Collector's Choice Up Close and Personal tan/white variation for Puckett that I did not have.

26541781340_2f162b4a6d_z.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ Very nice. I've been tempted on many occasions to buy bulk lots of "could have variations" but haven't pulled the trigger. Think I might on some Stadium ones first and see if it was worth the $. Nice find regardless of how valuable it is.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts