Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hulkster fired by wwe for racial remarks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

The WWE would not comment as to the reason it booted Hogan, but TMZ reports the wrestler was fired for using the N-word to describe a man involved with his daughter, Brooke, in a leaked transcript of a sex tape that is the center of a multimillion dollar lawsuit with the gossip site Gawker.

Following the WWE's announcement, Hogan apologized for the remarks he made. His lawyer said Hogan resigned from the organization "because he didn't want to put them or his family through this."

"Eight years ago I used offensive language during a conversation. It was unacceptable for me to have used that offensive language; there is no excuse for it; and I apologize for having done it," Hogan told People magazine. "This not who I am. I believe very strongly that every person in the world is important and should not be treated differently based on race, gender, orientation, religious beliefs or otherwise."

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I've watched WWE for literally as long as I can remember. There's never been a time in my life when I didn't watch, and there probably never will be. I'm a fan for life.

One of my first vivid memories of pro wrestling happened in 1987 on an episode of Piper's Pit. Universally beloved Andre the Giant returns with the dastardly Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan to challenge Hulk Hogan for his heavyweight title. Andre ripped off Hogan's shirt, and even broke his cross necklace. I was devastated. How could Andre do this to the Hulkster? How could he align himself with the Satan himself, Bobby Heenan?

Hulk Hogan was my hero as a child. Everything about him was mesmerizing. The red and yellow, the gold necklace, his catchphrases, the posing and flexing of his 24 inch pythons. Still to this day I get goosebumps whenever I hear his 'Real American' entrance music played on WWE television. Hulk Hogan was then, what John Cena is today to children.

All of this makes me very sad. None of it is excusable. He shouldn't have said what he did, there's no doubt about it.

I just find it completely ridiculous that WWE would go as far as to try and wipe him out of their history. Hulk Hogan IS professional wrestling, and is is why the WWE is so popular today. Without Hulk Hogan, there is no WWE in 2015. I can see them wanting to distance themselves from him for a while, but I hope they don't give him the Chris Benoit treatment from here on out, he doesn't deserve that, under these screwed up circumstances.

I'll always be a Hulkamaniac. I'll always love the red and yellow. I hate that all of this is happening, but I don't believe that Hulk Hogan is a racist.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
I've watched WWE for literally as long as I can remember. There's never been a time in my life when I didn't watch, and there probably never will be. I'm a fan for life.

One of my first vivid memories of pro wrestling happened in 1987 on an episode of Piper's Pit. Universally beloved Andre the Giant returns with the dastardly Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan to challenge Hulk Hogan for his heavyweight title. Andre ripped off Hogan's shirt, and even broke his cross necklace. I was devastated. How could Andre do this to the Hulkster? How could he align himself with the Satan himself, Bobby Heenan?

Hulk Hogan was my hero as a child. Everything about him was mesmerizing. The red and yellow, the gold necklace, his catchphrases, the posing and flexing of his 24 inch pythons. Still to this day I get goosebumps whenever I hear his 'Real American' entrance music played on WWE television. Hulk Hogan was then, what John Cena is today to children.

All of this makes me very sad. None of it is excusable. He shouldn't have said what he did, there's no doubt about it.

I just find it completely ridiculous that WWE would go as far as to try and wipe him out of their history. Hulk Hogan IS professional wrestling, and is is why the WWE is so popular today. Without Hulk Hogan, there is no WWE in 2015. I can see them wanting to distance themselves from him for a while, but I hope they don't give him the Chris Benoit treatment from here on out, he doesn't deserve that, under these screwed up circumstances.

I'll always be a Hulkamaniac. I'll always love the red and yellow. I hate that all of this is happening, but I don't believe that Hulk Hogan is a racist.

Well said, I definitely agree with you.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So, it wasn't the sex tape that was the issue, but the transcript (WTF?) of the sex tape that caused this issue. Wow.

And it was Hogan's fault himself that the transcript ever got out, because had he not filed the lawsuit against Gawker, the tape never would have been unsealed by the courts.

From what I've heard at least.

So Hogan's demise was of his own doing.

I bet he didn't even remember saying that stuff after banging BTLS's ***** wife.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
I know Hulk had thoughts of suicide in previous years. Hopefully, this doesn't push him over the edge.

I am not a Hogan fan per se, although Hollywood Hogan was entertaining for a bit. As a WWF guy, the best part of any Hogan match was his intro music.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
what i find ridiculous is the 100's of blatant racist story lines, and the 100's more implied racist story lines that WWE has ran through, yet they crash down on Hulk and wipe him off the face of their website. Let me also say, Hulk is an idiot, never should have said those things, etc. BUT, again, the WWE has walked and stepped on the line of racist story lines for years and years and years, can you be any more hypocritical???

I also heard there are still Chris Benoit Matches on WWE Network. Is this correct? Yet no Hulk matches?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
what i find ridiculous is the 100's of blatant racist story lines, and the 100's more implied racist story lines that WWE has ran through, yet they crash down on Hulk and wipe him off the face of their website. Let me also say, Hulk is an idiot, never should have said those things, etc. BUT, again, the WWE has walked and stepped on the line of racist story lines for years and years and years, can you be any more hypocritical???

I also heard there are still Chris Benoit Matches on WWE Network. Is this correct? Yet no Hulk matches?

I doubt they took any of his matches off the Network, but I haven't looked either.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Hulk is still on the Network, match wise. Vince is still the biggest hypocrite walking this planet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts