Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just downloaded Topps Bunt-Can someone explain how it works?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
To be fair, I've had my account for a couple years and have some good stuff that I didn't just stumble upon in a random pack or two. At the end of the day I probably paid myself less than minimum wage to do it, but I really enjoyed it for a while. The new contest format really killed it for me, along with the insane number of inserts offered.

I have 57,000+ cards on my account. If I want to clear it out, it has to be done 9 at a time. I'll keep selling off what I have until the tedium outweighs the profit. eBay name is the same as on here if you want to see what kind of stuff is selling for 100+ a pop.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
after you sell it you get the winners bunt ID and propose a trade. trade them the card they won and some common card that you both have. for example i sold the triple sig randy johnson, pedro martinez, and john smoltz. i traded that and a jose altuve for the same jose altuve.

Ohhhhh I see, I'm gonna keep it up but never getting my free coins is so annoying

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
To be fair, I've had my account for a couple years and have some good stuff that I didn't just stumble upon in a random pack or two. At the end of the day I probably paid myself less than minimum wage to do it, but I really enjoyed it for a while. The new contest format really killed it for me, along with the insane number of inserts offered.

I have 57,000+ cards on my account. If I want to clear it out, it has to be done 9 at a time. I'll keep selling off what I have until the tedium outweighs the profit. eBay name is the same as on here if you want to see what kind of stuff is selling for 100+ a pop.

Have u thought about selling the entire account? I looked up bunt auctions and some people have done that

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Have u thought about selling the entire account? I looked up bunt auctions and some people have done that

I thought about it, but it's just like selling real cards. I don't want to price people out, and I think I would be selling myself short.

If someone listed a complete run of Heritage black refractors for $7,000, that would be a complete steal but I don't have that kind of disposable income. If they listed every card individually, I would end up with some nice stuff and probably still spend a lot of money, but I would spend what I had available.

Last week I would have sold my entire Bunt account to someone for $3k. Right now I have ~175 cards listed, almost at $1,000. I wouldn't be surprised if this first batch gets over $3k on its own. I probably have another 1,000-2,000 cards I can list individually that would get at least a buck apiece.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I thought about it, but it's just like selling real cards. I don't want to price people out, and I think I would be selling myself short.

If someone listed a complete run of Heritage black refractors for $7,000, that would be a complete steal but I don't have that kind of disposable income. If they listed every card individually, I would end up with some nice stuff and probably still spend a lot of money, but I would spend what I had available.

Last week I would have sold my entire Bunt account to someone for $3k. Right now I have ~175 cards listed, almost at $1,000. I wouldn't be surprised if this first batch gets over $3k on its own. I probably have another 1,000-2,000 cards I can list individually that would get at least a buck apiece.

That is crazy!!!! I'm installing bunt on my wife's phone and probably my mom's too

A_Pharis

That is crazy!!!! I'm installing bunt on my wife's phone and probably my mom's too

Take notice... even if you're playing the daily 10k contest on all 3, you'd have to do it 7 days in a row on each device to be able to afford 1 of the signature packs that have like 1:20 odds. Even then, some sigs don't sell for more than $10.
This isn't like free/easy money. It takes some investing and a lot of luck, now. Used to, you would get like 25k a day for free.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
like others said, it was much better last year. i dont play anymore, i only get on to claim my free coins and bust packs to sell on ebay.

Same here. Played a lot last year when it was much simpler. Now you have to prepare in advance to score big, and I don't have that kind of time.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Im on Bunt and Star wars. Ive made a ton of money off Star wars. Ive sold over 25 Vintage Hans for $100+. Though its getting tougher to sell as there are too many releases and no one is paying as much.

Star wars started doing 1 time pink card drops with /10 copies that seem to be going for big coin.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Two packs and I pulled this

EDIT: and I already sold it for $25.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1440610469245.jpg
    1440610469245.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

A_Pharis

I actually just checked. Here's what they currently have in the store:

Signature: 5,000 coins (1:175 odds)
Signature Plus: 25,000 coins [Seems like they went way up on that] (1:35 odds) [decent for the price, I guess?]
Super Signature: 75,000 (1:45 for signature series with 1:40 of those being a variant red ink)

To put that in perspective, the cheapest route to BUY 75k coins is going to cost you $17.00. That means, the Super Signature is a $17 pack. Of course, bigger coin bundles get better value. According to the odds (which is wonky, because you could pull many sigs in the 45 packs or none. That's how odds work) it would take 3,375,000 coins to get at least one signature. That's over $300 worth of coins.

Of course, you can go the long route - collect 5k free every day + the 10k challenge every day. That gives you 15k a day + any you may get from winning other challenges (which are usually won by people with higher end cards). At that rate, it would take you 5 days (or 1 weekly prize +2 days) to buy just one single pack of the Super Signature.

Mox got EXTREMELY lucky. The reason prices are so high is because people were harvesting/buying inserts from eBay that give big bonuses, and that tuned into a high ratio of challenge wins. Most 10k daily challenges I get into have the same 4 or 5 people in the top spots day after day. So, now it's more tedious to acquire coins for packs unless you are buying coins from Topps or inserts from eBay.

Topps tried to curb the big dogs, but I think the ended up screwing the casual users.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Thanks for the info. I didn't even know about the daily contests. The free ones are an easy way to score extra coins.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the info. I didn't even know about the daily contests. The free ones are an easy way to score extra coins.

Exactly.

It's just like collecting actual cards. You can blow your budget chasing "inserts" (which come out daily it seems), then deal with others trying to scam them away from you. Or you focus on certain specific goals and just have fun collecting.

For me, the free contests make Bunt a self-sustaining thing that I don't put any real money into. I just collect base sets and Blue Jays, and don't bother with all the limited cards.

Sent from my Android using the Freedom Cardboard app.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Someone tried hosing me with a trade offer today. They wanted my Randy Johnson Archives /900 and offered a Harvey Flamethrower insert and a few other Mets. It is easy to get fooled by someone if you don't pay attention.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Lol

Wife had 173k in coins on her acct and pulled this in the second pack. 50 copies, too bad they're not popular players.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1442277691013.jpg
    1442277691013.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 14

Members online