Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Bowman Draft Breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm just going to keep a standing thread like bmp has since I have opened so many.

At the National, I opened 3 jumbo cases.

I got:
3 Schwarber base autos
Aaron Nola Black Wave Refractor Autograph redemption
Ryan Ripken Orange Refractor Autograph redemption (was confused why this was in a jumbo box)
AJ Reed ref auto (currently at BGS)
Kris Bryant blue refractor

I'll update this thread when I get my 2 jumbo cases today.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm just going to keep a standing thread like bmp has since I have opened so many.

At the National, I opened 3 jumbo cases.

I got:
3 Schwarber base autos
Aaron Nola Black Wave Refractor Autograph redemption
Ryan Ripken Orange Refractor Autograph redemption (was confused why this was in a jumbo box)
AJ Reed ref auto (currently at BGS)
Kris Bryant blue refractor

I'll update this thread when I get my 2 jumbo cases today.

Nothing else of note???

I'm interested in any Michael Chavis autos or low #'d refs, as well as any Red Sox parallels I still need. I'll trade you Giants!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
LOL - sorry - I opened my two cases of 2014 Bowman Draft Jumbos and didn't list what I got - got a gold ref auto of Grant Holmes, a ref auto of Aaron Nola, a base auto of Aaron Nola, a purple refractor auto of Garrett Fulchenyuk, blue ref auto of Luke Weaver, a green ref auto of Michael Gettys (smeared auto :(), blue ref auto of Luis Ortiz, and lots of base autos.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Just a head's up on your Schwarber autos....I had one I thought was a no-brainer 9.5/10 with 50-50 potential to 10 and it came back a 9!

You need a microscope now to gauge corners and edges correctly, so get yourself a high powered kind, preferably the type that can trace gene mutations in the mitochondrial DNA strands.

SCHWARBER.CHR.AU.14BDP.NS BGS 9f.jpg

On another note, sounds like you got a bunch of nice autos, but was it 2 or 3 cases?

The 2015 Bowman has grown on me. I've moved beyond the 14 BDP at this point. I mean, as far as buying more cases goes.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Agreed, 2015 Bowman and 2014 BDraft are great wax breaks. Can't believe how many of the prospects are already in the majors.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
The 2015 Bowman has grown on me. I've moved beyond the 14 BDP at this point. I mean, as far as buying more cases goes.

I opened 2 jumbo cases last week and 3 jumbo cases at the National. I got a Schwarber base auto in each of the cases at the National and submitted for grading. Can't wait to see how they did.

I have another 2 hobby cases (last 2 that the distributor had and still below cost) and another 2 jumbo cases coming on Friday. It's fun to rip. I got super lucky in a Bowman Draft break on BO (5 jumbo cases and 10 hobby cases) and got the AJ Reed auto spot and the Matt Chapman auto spot. I'm stocking up on Bowman Draft. I got turned off of 2015 Bowman after my grading order came back. It was just too condition sensitive for me.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I opened 2 jumbo cases last week and 3 jumbo cases at the National. I got a Schwarber base auto in each of the cases at the National and submitted for grading. Can't wait to see how they did.

I have another 2 hobby cases (last 2 that the distributor had and still below cost) and another 2 jumbo cases coming on Friday. It's fun to rip. I got super lucky in a Bowman Draft break on BO (5 jumbo cases and 10 hobby cases) and got the AJ Reed auto spot and the Matt Chapman auto spot. I'm stocking up on Bowman Draft. I got turned off of 2015 Bowman after my grading order came back. It was just too condition sensitive for me.

That's a lot of Bowman!

2014 has a lot of diamond cut autos. I actually like the prospects and rookies in 2015 better, and it does have Schwarber too. :) I only graded 3 from 2015 and they came back 9.5, 9.5/10, 9.5/9 (Kolek)...so I'm not too sad, but didn't send in much because of centering confusion with that little label design throwing things off I think.

Grats on the Reed and Chapman spots. Should be fun!!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I only got the 2 hobby cases yesterday - the 2 jumbos come today. The 2 hobby cases were pretty bland - best base auto was Aaron Nola redemption. color autos over 3 cases were blue ref auto of Nick Burdi, blue ref auto of Sean Reid-Foley, and an orange ref auto of Garrett Fulchenyuk.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
i ripped a ton of stuff over the weekend - ended up with 2 Schwarber autos, 2 AJ Reed autos, and 1 AJ Reed ref auto. There was some other stuff but nothing huge. I am picking up 2 more jumbo cases tomorrow. They will be the last for me since prices are now over $1k a case!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
highlight of my 2 cases tonight - blue ref auto of Austin DeCarr, blue wave ref auto of Ortiz, black wave ref auto of Erick Fedde, Orange Ref auto of Aramis Garcia, green ref auto of Michael Gettys.

Members online

Latest posts