Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dilemna with a lost package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
So, here's the situation - I bought 2 jumbo and 2 hobby cases of 2015 Bowman Chrome from a friend who is an online breaker. He shipped the cards to me via priority flat rate (just standard $100 insurance). The box is MIA. The tracking shows as delivered but I didn't get the package.

I have asked my PO to try to find it, but at this point, I'm not hopeful. Pending on if the box is truly lost - what would you do?

I feel a bit torn because I know that it's painful for my friend if I file claims on all of the cases...but he should have insured the package, right? I'm also a little worried because he hasn't volunteered to pay me back or anything like that if it doesn't turn up.

What would you do?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Lisu freinds is friends but business is business its not on you anything over 250 needs to be signed for.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
So, now here's the issue - the breaker is super pissed that I filed a chargeback, and it turns out that I paid him $2700 out of the $4k via gift, and he's refusing to refund those. :(

I mean - seriously - he better think long and hard about it because I've spent close to $40k with him this year, and I know a lot of people.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Hmm...if he refuses to make this right, perhaps a visit from the Freedom Cardboard Mafia is in order?

1443736250476.jpg

...or maybe the Robot Mafia.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
out him if he dont, you are known as a good person in this hobby youd be surprised how far your words can go

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
So, now here's the issue - the breaker is super pissed that I filed a chargeback, and it turns out that I paid him $2700 out of the $4k via gift, and he's refusing to refund those. :(

I mean - seriously - he better think long and hard about it because I've spent close to $40k with him this year, and I know a lot of people.

You can do a charge back on a gift payment as well but you must call PayPal. I had to do this two years back when I sent a gift payment to boomo and misspelled his email address and the payment went elsewhere.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
thats Tricky George she has made payments to this seller before, she should try but its not that cut and dry

You can do a charge back on a gift payment as well but you must call PayPal. I had to do this two years back when I sent a gift payment to boomo and misspelled his email address and the payment went elsewhere.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I think he will make it right - he was super upset at me for filing claims for the ones that I could, but now he's being more reasonable and promises to make it right. We'll see what happens.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
If it shows as delivered do you really have a claim? Just wondering about that part.
I had a package shown as delivered and didn't get it and tried a chargeback and was denied.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Have you considered putting a webcam at your entrance? Keep track of who drops off mail etc. I've have USPS mark packages as "delivered" when they have been in transit (and delivered next day).

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Our new scanners (I work at Post Office) can show who scanned the package and where they were when they scanned it. They can tell if it was your doorstep or your neighbors.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If it shows as delivered do you really have a claim? Just wondering about that part.
I had a package shown as delivered and didn't get it and tried a chargeback and was denied.

You pay with your bank account or a cc and you should have a leg to stand on. PayPal may not want to do a refund but your cc or bank might. And then it's between them and PayPal.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009

If the package didn't have signature confirmation at that price point then yes

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
FYI - I have a PO Box. I've put in requests at the local post office to find out what happened to our package. I get a LOT of packages believe me. I think they put the box with a different PO Box. The delivered message says Delivered - Post Office.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
and final update - the box was delivered today - even though it said it was delivered on Monday - UGH. It's so frustrating sometimes dealing with the post office, but thank god it made it.

Members online

Latest posts