Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping suggestion when using tape...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
If you are going to tape the mouth of a topholder shut with tape to prevent the card from coming out, or to tape a note to the top loader, please make sure you flip the card in the penny sleeve so if the card hits the tape during shipping, the card itself does not touch the tape, but the penny sleeve does.

This is more an issue with thick cards, but hopefully is something everyone adopts. Just had another card today stuck to tape because of this.

Also, on one end, fold the tape back inside itself to form a non-sticky tab that can be used to pull the tap off without having to use fingernails, or a knife.

pack.jpg

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Added pictures. I know it doesn't happen often, but cards do get damaged by tape, that, and it's a pain to take off tape if not done like a tag.

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I hate this too!!!!

When I ship out cards, I do not use any tape. I just take the printed receipt and fold it around the top loader so the card can't slip out during shipping. I have never had a complaint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I have done the folded tape tab for probably 10 years, and also take a sharpie and scribble on the tab to make sure the recipient won't miss it. I also cut out a piece of paper and fold it over the top loader and then tape over that to protect the card.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I hate the tape method because most of the time it leaves a sticky residue. I generally send cards in a clear plastic sleeve that the top loader will fit in. It seals up nicely and doesn't leave a residue.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I put both in a team bag and fold that over to keep it all tight.

But yeah, if using tape on a top loader, use blue painter's tape...

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Card, sleeve, toploader, teambag, old bubble mailer piece cut to the size of the card, enveloped around the card, graded card bag, bubble mailer.

Done and done.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
The blue painters tape is so much easier to take on and off and does not leave the same residue on a toploader that scotch tape does. I have hundreds of toploaders I don't want to even use now since they are sticky and nasty looking. I wish more people in the card trading world would stop using scotch tape, and would at least it over to make a tab. You would think this would be common knowledge by now. Everyone knows to use a sleeve and toploader for a card, so why can't we all come to a consensus when it comes to how we ship out cards? I put every sleeve inside a team bag and just send it in a bubble envelope. No tape needed and I don't have any complaints.

I've never had a problem with a card sticking to the tape though. I have actually wondered why some cards I've received have the sleeve upside down but I guess this is the reason. Good stuff OP.

Members online

Latest posts