Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1995 Score Gold Rush Redemption (Punched)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
image.jpg

I've done some research on these cards over the last few weeks. Once you collected the Gold Rush cards for a particular team, you could send them in to Pinnacle/Score. Pinnacle would stamp your Gold Rush cards and send them back along with the Platinum Team Set. The reason for stamping the Gold Rush cards, I'm guessing, would be so that you couldn't send them back in for another Platinum Team Set. Pinnacle made 4,950 Platinum Team Sets for each team. I thought finding the stamped Gold Rush card for my player, Will Clark, would be fairly easy since there should be 4,950 stamped Will Clark Gold Rush cards. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a single one. There are a few Clark collectors who have this card, but not many. So, what happened? Did Pinnacle only stamp a few sets before deciding it was a tedious process? Did they stop sending the Gold Rush cards back when they sent out the Platinum Team Sets? Did people throw them away? I noticed the stamped versions I've been able to locate were all Series 1 cards. I don't believe any of the Series 2 cards had this stamping.

I FINALLY located the Clark, but I had to purchase the entire set to get it.
image.jpg

After going through the cards, there were two that were missing: Ken Griffey Jr. (Mariners) and Spike Owen (Rockies).

I did find an extra of Billy Brewer (Royals).

Another thing I found interesting were two cards that didn't show up on the team checklist:
image.jpgimage.jpg
Were the checklists errors???

Does anyone have any additional information about these cards? I'm happy I can finally cross it off my list.
image.jpg

Joel

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Is Canseco in one of these dudes? I really want the set he is in, if so!

EDIT: I only just want *his* card.

Last edited:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I located 2 Paul O'neills over time. I kept both because one is stamped upside down. I thought that was pretty unique. Would love to know how much your Yankees team set would cost.

Last edited:

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Whoa. Where on earth did you locate that set?!

Interested in moving the A's set?

Ebay. The seller listed it correctly as the redemption set and posted pictures of the big name guys (Ripken, Gwynn, A-Rod, Maddux, etc). I got lucky nobody hit the BIN before he had a chance to look at my offer.

I am curious to learn more about them and possibly locate the Griffey/Spike Owen cards. I wonder how many were stamped?

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
I located 2 Paul O'neills over time. I kept both because one is stamped upside down. I thought that was pretty unique. Would love too now how much your Yankees team set would cost.

I noticed the same thing with a few of these cards, too. Some pictures are horizontal while the majority are vertical. Most of the stamps are done correctly on the bottom right of each card, but others are on the left with an upside down stamp. I'll have to check the O'Neill.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Ebay. The seller listed it correctly as the redemption set and posted pictures of the big name guys (Ripken, Gwynn, A-Rod, Maddux, etc). I got lucky nobody hit the BIN before he had a chance to look at my offer.

I am curious to learn more about them and possibly locate the Griffey/Spike Owen cards. I wonder how many were stamped?

Well, I would say you did very, very well. Congrats!

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Would love to pickup the bagwells. I have one but need the other. Maybe they're stamped in a different area.

Dan

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Spike

Oct 22, 2013
Only some of Series 1 cards were punched, as far as I know. Good news [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION], your guys were in Series 2.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I'm not sure how many of these were ever redeemed - 4,950 per team sounds high, but print runs were high back then. The Golds were one perpack, and trading was much harder back then so it wasn't easy to build a team set. But I suspect there were far fewer than the 4,950 of each ever redeemed.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm in on the Twins set if it includes a redeemed Hitters Inc. Puckett card. I'd be willing to just buy that card or the twins set of needed.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Just an FYI, I sent in four sets around the first week of them coming out: Dodgers, White Sox, Mariners and Padres, and NONE of them came back stamped. Maybe 10 days max. I am assuming only sets sent in earlier than that were punched before they stopped (for whatever reason). Granted, when I received my cards, I did not care that I did not get any punched cards back, since I only wanted the Platinum sets. With 4,950 sets, I figured only about 400 would be redeemed, therefore they would be as expensive as 1993 Refractors were...:benson:

Members online

No members online now.