Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is UD off their rockers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
As crazy as it sounds, it's been a really popular product, especially for kids.

still hard for me to see $100/box price point when there is no licensing required and the typical hits are a sketch card and manufactured patches. The audio card and fossils have long odds that I can't see them being a huge expense to UD to justify a $100 box.

If UD wants to price gouge parents, fine. I'm just holding off for a reasonable box price.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well, the fossil redemptions are arguably the best cards you can pull and depending on the fossil, you can probably actually buy one of your choice without having to worry about buying a case or whatever to nail one down.

Cool idea, epic fail!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I just looked at you tube. Do you really only get 2 packs of cards for 100 bucks??????

the product descriptions I"m seeing say 20 packs per box, 5 cards per pack.

if I've done the math right, odds of the audio cards are 1 in 25 boxes, fossils are 1 in 50 boxes.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Considering all the pointless, worthless, incredibly expensive junk parents buy for their kids, this seems like a pretty worthwhile purchase. Maybe they'll learn something. If this existed in the 80's, I would have wanted it; still remember trying (and failing) to complete the 1986-87 Panini Dinosaurs sticker album.