Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kobe Retires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Even though my basketball days started by watching the Lakers and Magic Johnson doing his thing, it was Kobe that cemented me as a fan of basketball and the Lakers for life. Probably the most determined player to play any sports in my opinion with no chance of giving nothing his best.

This past season was a good indication that Kobes game has really slowed down with his numerous injuries. Here to the end of a era watching a legend play. Basketball for me will never be the same again.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I was only like 10 when Michael retired so for my prime watching years Kobe is the greatest. Got to see him live a few times but basketball isn't my favorite so it's been years. Might have motivation to go see him one last time, although like seeing a loved one who is sick, kinda rather remember seeing him as a baller instead of what he currently is

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
I heard tix for lakers games at home have now jumped through the roof. Their game against the sixers, the lakers gave out black envelopes with a letter from Kobe about his retirement. They are on ebay selling for pretty good coin. Id like to pick one up, but the prices are too high already.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Def in the top tier of all time. Glad he's not gonna try and hang on another year and say "next year I'll be better" etc.

Ryan

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Good. Last several years was completely embarrassing to watch. He was a star but overrated and selfish as well. I remember when he tried lead the team by himself only to miss the playoffs. Never a team player. This I will remember him by.

Video of Kobe Airball

I always imagine someone who makes a statement like this has either never picked up a basketball in their life, or was cut from their JV Team in high school, or has some negative feeling towards "basketball" itself. Overrated is laughable, and selfish vs confident has always been an issue, especially with superstar players. The fact that you'll remember him of an airball is plain weird, but that's your choice.

I cried when Dr. J retired, and I cried when Kareem retired. Magic Johnson's retirement was very emotional, but different, obviously. I guarantee Kobe's will be right up there for me as most memorable retirements in my lifetime. Jordan's retirement was shocking (his first one) but not emotional, and his (second and third ones) were just, "C'mon get it over with!"

Lakers have always been my team. I've been a exuberant Lakers fan since 1975, but it's been a player driven fan, from Kareem, to Magic, to Kobe. That's 40 years of fan-dom maybe coming to an end, as I am not in love with any of the other current Lakers.

And I agree with [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] in that I am glad he's retiring this year. He's not on top anymore, but injuries had a lot to do with that.

Did anyone see the Lakers / Sixers game tonight? Vintage Kobe was back for a few minutes! :)

kobe_zpsmzml2xgh.gif

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Kobe should treat this as his farewell tour. The arena last night was chanting "kobe, kobe kobe". These last games for Kobe are for fans to see a legend one last time before retirement. He can show up to every game and put up bricks or even just cheer on his team, either way fans are showing up to every game to show their appreciation for Kobe and the excitement he brought to watching basketball.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Everything that's good must come to an end....If you want to see him play his last game Stubhub has tickets starting at $500 lol

Members online