Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1955 Topps baseball cello rip on CU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The more I've thought about it the more I question the legitimacy of it... Regardless of the Clemente really was there, the 2 Mays cards prob were which is pretty crazy even O/C. But something doesn't add up on the RC but who knows.

Ryan

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Check out the sequencing on the pack. The sequences changes quite frequently. Who is to say that the sequence did not change again for the Clemente at that point. I agree, it is quite curious but I am more inclined to believe this was a fully intact and real pack.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Did anyone compare the front and back cards to that seen wrapped in the auction photos? Definitely does not prove the break was legit but who knows.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
WOW that last card! Amazing....thanks for posting this, TNP. I give a thumbs up based on the number of Red Sox cards :) (Sadly no Teddy Ballgame)

BTW Austin, the Clemente was NOT the last card in the pack, it was the second to last. a horribly OC Johnny Riddle was the last card.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
WOW that last card! Amazing....thanks for posting this, TNP. I give a thumbs up based on the number of Red Sox cards :) (Sadly no Teddy Ballgame)

BTW Austin, the Clemente was NOT the last card in the pack, it was the second to last. a horribly OC Johnny Riddle was the last card.
allegedly

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Once again the naysayers piss all over someones good luck..

Due to technology, everyone thinks every good pull is bull**** unless it's on video..

I'm glad for the guy to spend $2K on a pack to rip and get something good..

I've spent $2K on 5 star and had an amazing pack that I'm sure would have been questioned on here as well..

The risk reward paid off for him..

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone ever opened a pack of vintage Topps?

Good god. The collation, centering, print lines, etc are all over the place.

There were 110 cards on each sheet.
55topps110.JPG

The 1955 set is inconsistent in terms of replication of rows across the sheets. Topps probably left spots open to allow for players contested by Bowman to be pulled and replaced with cards of other players on the sheet if they had to.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Once again the naysayers piss all over someones good luck..

Due to technology, everyone thinks every good pull is bull**** unless it's on video..

I'm glad for the guy to spend $2K on a pack to rip and get something good..

I've spent $2K on 5 star and had an amazing pack that I'm sure would have been questioned on here as well..

The risk reward paid off for him..

Nah, this thread would be ridiculously boring if we didn't question it. Isn't that what "forums" are for? To look at all sides? I think there is enough inconsistencies to warrant at least that discussion. Whether he pulled it or not, those are amazing cards! Maybe that's what I forgot to say! :)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Nah, this thread would be ridiculously boring if we didn't question it. Isn't that what "forums" are for? To look at all sides? I think there is enough inconsistencies to warrant at least that discussion. Whether he pulled it or not, those are amazing cards! Maybe that's what I forgot to say! :)
Exactly. It's just really suspicious because of all the severely off-centered cards except the most valuable card in the set, which also just has a major roller print mark that the other cards don't have.

If the Clemente looked like the other cards in the pack, we wouldn't be so skeptical. But come on, the odds of what he pulled looking so different than the other cards is astronomical.

Maybe he actually pulled the card, and that's great. But there are certainly reasons to question it, and there's nothing wrong with being skeptical in a situation like this.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Has anyone ever opened a pack of vintage Topps?

Good god. The collation, centering, print lines, etc are all over the place.

There were 110 cards on each sheet.
55topps110.JPG

The 1955 set is inconsistent in terms of replication of rows across the sheets. Topps probably left spots open to allow for players contested by Bowman to be pulled and replaced with cards of other players on the sheet if they had to.

This sheet explains why every vintage collection I have purchased has a Spook Jacobs card in it.

Members online

Latest posts