Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your 2016 hobby goals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
1. Add at least 4 new exhibits cards.
2. Sell stuff I don't want.
3. Add 5 cards from 2015 releases.
4. Get at least 60% of 2016 Puckett releases.

Last edited:

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
1) Add a Hugh Duffy card to my N172 Old Judge collection
2) Take a large chunk out of the 1998 Topps Tek Ellis Burks set
3) Add Wilson Franks and Dan Dee Potato Chips types to my Gil Hodges collection
4) Modify all full size images on my site to display equally.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Make a killing this spring training and find crap I don't have to add to my collection.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
*Complete PSA 9 1970's Topps RC collection by finding a '71 Blyleven
*Find a single t206 back I need to get closer to my t206 Wilhelm back run. Currently have 21 of 27 different backs
*Get 10 cards for ARod collection
*Add 1 card to each of my following collections: 70's Nolan Ryan PSA 9, 60's HOF PSA, 50's HOF PSA, Mantle PSA, T. Williams PSA
*Sell a whole bunch of $1-$10 cards

So after I typed and read this I realized I only would like to add 17 cards to my collection this upcoming year.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
When I first saw this post, I thought pshhhh ... there is no way I need to be setting any goals for my collection. It is fun and I'll go hard at it no matter what! But, I'm a sucker for goal setting, so here goes:

Land my white whales of Canseco:
1988 Topps Cloth Canseco/McGwire
1989 Donruss Blue Chips
1989 Leaf Blue Chips
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Gold
1998 Donruss Crusade Red
(there are others but this is good for now)

*MAYBE* Scan my collection and post online. That would be a good one!

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
1. Quit buying any other cards.
2. Get rid of everything i have with the exception of a limited few.
3. Consolidate into guns and ammo.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Take a huge step forward in my quest to complete the 1955 Bowman baseball set. I am currently about 120 cards short of completion with all of the big cards in hand (Banks, Mantle, Mays and Aaron) but those high numbers are going to kill me. I would love to be needing just 20 cards by the end of the year.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Was contemplating this a week or so ago and didn't post in the 2015 one so maybe this will keep me on track.

1- Get my collection organized both physically and on computer

2-Same ad many, standardize my supplies and way I store stuff

3-Move the non-PC stuff to transfer to PC items

4-Add 4-6 Vintage/HOF Patch PC items

5-Add 4-6 PSA 10 Random RCs of HOFers

6-Add 15+ oddball items to Will Clark Collection

7-Add 10+ items from my top 50 Clark want list

8-Add 5+ Mike Brown items

9-Start purchasing 90s wax for a big break at end if year (would like 20+ boxes)

10-Figure out how to get to National next year (2017)

11-Add 10+ autos to my very slow 1996 Leaf Signature Set

Ryan

I have some 96 Leaf Signatures laying around somewhere. When I find them, if you need them they are yours.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1. Find and add Exhibit Mantle Portrait
2. Find and add T 207 Hoff
3. Find and add T209 Contentnea players from Roanoke
4. Find and add a 1956 Topps pin of Phil Rizzuto
5. Surpass 600 different Yankees' autographs
6. Work on 1961 & 1962 Topps Stamps pairs that have Yankees on them
DANNY

Last edited:
Too many:

1) (I still need to count up and see what I've currently got, so this part will be edited once that's done) Get up to 250 1/1's of JJ and 1300 pack pulled certified autographs.

2) Get up to 300 Jace Amaro auto's

3) Same as the rest; upgrade the toploads / magnetics for the JJ's, anyways.

4) Acquire 1/2 dozen cornerstone Doug Martin cards

5) Get 100 Marqise Lee auto's

6) If I start collecting another player or ten, I'm hoping I can stick to guys I've collected in the past and restart those collections (Derrek Lee, Bob Abreu & Mark Kotsay being first and foremost).

7) Get 20 auto's on photo's personalized to my daughter. This year, I was able to get 9 (10 if you count the Young Bucks as two) :\ (Kyle Gibson, Dan Gladden, Caleb Thielbar, The Young Bucks, A.J. Styles, Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle, Adam Cole & Evan Bourne). May 7th, in Superior, Wisconsin, Heavy on Wrestling has an event and the Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase will be there, so, that means I will be too (as I'm such a massive mark for he and especially his character from the late 80's @Super Mario

8) Make it to trade night 25 in St. Louis at a buddy's card shop in Florissant, MO and the National in A.C., to meet up with and meet for the first time. I just miss a lot of the human interaction with everyone, well, not EVERYONE, but the folks I consider friends or folks I'd love to meet up with, for the first time.

9) Write at least 5 letter's to organizations to players I follow, just thanking them for giving so many folks an outlet from whatever they're dealing with and to live vicariously through them and the successes in the sport that they excel at.

I'm sure there's more, but that's enough of my rambling ... for now.

Need this Auto?
2014Donruss Elite BlueJace AmaroNew York Jets#18

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Well, since me and the Mrs. work out of work for much of '15, there's no where to go but up in the Revenue department.

Still have to find a nice focus to concentrate on.

Probably a set, like '84 Topps (personal fave as kid), '82 Topps or '89 Score Football, to work on high-grade collecting. Mark Price (former Cavs PG) autos have really dropped in price, so I'd love to grab some of those soon. Hopefully J-Up goes somewhere I can follow. Hopefully Sonny Gray doesn't go somewhere. Add some Matt Wieters cards to the Lists and I'll grab those too.

My Dad passed in July and has literally 100K cards, mostly from late 90s, to go thru and even though we sold some of his best stuff already, there's probably some Hidden Gems in there still. Keepng his McGwire collection fully intact though. He's probably got some great Gold Label parallels in there and I'll set those aside 'cuz I still love that set.

Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be way better than the NOTHING NEW this year gave me!

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Getting away from Bowman and switching to Topps. Can't give away Bowman base (paper), while Topps sets are always popular. Besides, Topps sets are more fun to build.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I've started working on the 2001 Upper Deck legends football set. I think this will take longer than a year but it will be fun and a challenge. I feel like my baseball collection is pretty much complete and don't have any major wants for that. I guess I am going to finish the 2015 Topps Tek base set (just waiting for prices to come down on COMC) but that's not too big a deal so I'm pretty sure that will bet done. If I get the card buying bug during baseball season I may grab a few star 1956 topps cards (Clemente, Mays, Aaron etc). I've liked this set for a long time but have avoided getting any because I'm afraid that once I start I will want to finish and I'm not sure I want that much money tied up in 50's cards. Honestly I've never seen any of those guys play and while they are cool I'm beginning to think they aren't that rare as there are always multiple copies in about every grade on ebay all the time. This makes me worry that once the baby boomers start selling or even just stop buying prices could come down a bunch but who knows and that's a topic for a different thread anyway.

Members online

Latest posts