Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AROLDIS CHAPMAN TRADED TO THE YANKEES FOR JAGIELO/DAVIS/COTHAM/RENDA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Per Jack Curry.

Guess that domestic violence complaint didn't scare Cashman off.

So much for Andrew Miller, evidently.

The Cuban missile crisis is over.

[MENTION=5416]D-Lite[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rookie Davis reportedly one of the prospects traded to Cincy.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Who else goes ? Mason Williams ? I have no idea of who is of any value to the Yanks anymore. Does Miller go back to Cincy or does he stay to make the 8th & 9th a place of doom ?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Who else goes ? Mason Williams ? I have no idea of who is of any value to the Yanks anymore. Does Miller go back to Cincy or does he stay to make the 8th & 9th a place of doom ?

Curry says Reds will get 4 guys, but none of the top tier (Judge, Sanchez, Mateo, Bird).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The complete haul -

Bryan Hoch ‏@BryanHoch
Yankees have acquired Aroldis Chapman from the Reds for RHPs Caleb Cotham and Rookie Davis and INFs Eric Jagielo and Tony Renda.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Guess Miller isn't going anywhere. Interesting.

Per Joel Sherman, Cashman says their intent is to enter the season with Chapman, Miller and Betances.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Aww damn. Now I gotta wait for and buy Yankees cards of him when they're made. Can't wait to see what they'll go for

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
If MLB suspends chapman for 40 days or more, it would delay his free agency until 2017. Cashman is siting pretty if that happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Chapman trade

Reds made a smart trade, I think.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think the Reds blew it by not trading Chapman at his peak last summer at the pre July trade deadline

In this deal the Reds appear to have gotten minor prospects when just a month ago teams were lining up expecting to give up one or two of their top prospects for essentially a one year rental player.

New York's problems last year were not because of the back end of their pen as Warren, Betances, and Miller handled that quite well. It was because they have two mediocre guys playing the middle infield and an oft injured underachieving starting rotation. Nobody is really afraid of the Yankees starting lineup as compared to past teams.

Flyers16

Aug 21, 2015
Ontario Canada
I didn't think the bullpen was one of the Yankees needs for the off season. The bigger issue for the Yankees is getting to the situation where they can effectively use the bullpen. We'll have to see if there is a further deal or two.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I think the Reds blew it by not trading Chapman at his peak last summer at the pre July trade deadline

In this deal the Reds appear to have gotten minor prospects when just a month ago teams were lining up expecting to give up one or two of their top prospects for essentially a one year rental player.

New York's problems last year were not because of the back end of their pen as Warren, Betances, and Miller handled that quite well. It was because they have two mediocre guys playing the middle infield and an oft injured underachieving starting rotation. Nobody is really afraid of the Yankees starting lineup as compared to past teams.

This could well be the case, but at least they got some solid value in return at this point.

I like the prospect package they got in return. Reds seem to be rebuilding/building with some nice talent, some of which is under-the-radar, really, right now. Jagielo and Davis could do very well for them, and Cotham and Renda can fill some needed roles as well. Put this in conjunction with the Peraza-Dixon-Schebler pickups and it's a nice group of talent headed to Cincy. C

hapman may do well for NY, but he may also never be the same pitcher after the domestic-violence charges and exposure. I guess it just depends on how he responds to the media and strain of being seen as that sort of individual. Personally, I think he still stands to lose a LOT of respect on and off the field if these allegations turn out to be valid and he's in fact convicted of the crimes against his girlfriend. If he's not respected, I think it will affect his on-field performance, but we shall see. Either way, Cincy doesn't have to deal with it anymore, and THAT is a big win right there.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Ken Rosenthal confirms the trade.

70874_600_zpsboqq6k4h.jpg

Members online