Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Paul Goldschmidt PC thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
We do already have a D-backs collectors thread, but I figured Goldy deserved his own thread and I felt like it was time to start posting some of the PC. Everyone feel free to share your Goldy's and/or just talk about the 2016 MVP :D

My buying is really slowing down here lately, but I got a promotion at the beginning of the year, so I naturally I wasted some money, overpaid, and bought myself something nice to celebrate, so I'll start the thread off with that one.

2015BowmansBestHighDefSuperfractorAutographPaulGoldschmidt.jpeg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
If I had the money or heart to start a new PC, and if so many people didn't have such a big head start, I would do PG. I bet that Bowman's Best Super looks amazing in hand.

Any of you have his BC super? I thought I saw it on eBay last year or so.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
We do already have a D-backs collectors thread, but I figured Goldy deserved his own thread and I felt like it was time to start posting some of the PC. Everyone feel free to share your Goldy's and/or just talk about the 2016 MVP :D

My buying is really slowing down here lately, but I got a promotion at the beginning of the year, so I naturally I wasted some money, overpaid, and bought myself something nice to celebrate, so I'll start the thread off with that one.

View attachment 59768

I forgot to compliment on your Goldy super, that thing is amazing! I'm sure it cost a pretty penny but I bet it looks amazing in person.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I don't have a whole bunch to add but these:

alvarezgoldybruce.jpg

Alvarez, Goldy & Bruce 1st Edition

goldybrucefreeman.jpg

Goldy, Bruce & Freeman 1st Edition

They're from the 2014 Topps 1st Edition contest set. These sets were given to winner who either chose the set or a spring training vacation. So far, only 3 sets out of 10 have been broken up and sold on eBay. I have all three of the Goldy, Alvarez & Bruce and two of the Goldy, Freeman & Bruce cards. The other tri card of Goldy, Freeman & Bruce ended up in a Freeman PC as the guy selling them was from the Atlanta area.

Hopefully one day someone breaks up another set or two.

Fordman

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I remember when those first editions hit, I was on vacation or something and missed out on the Goldschmidts. Definitely hope mother set or two get broken some time!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
If I had the money or heart to start a new PC, and if so many people didn't have such a big head start, I would do PG. I bet that Bowman's Best Super looks amazing in hand.

Any of you have his BC super? I thought I saw it on eBay last year or so.

I think you're right, the BC super (non-auto at least) was sitting up on eBay for about a year. It started somewhere in the $2,000 range and I think ended up going as high as $3,500 or $4,000. It just seemed like the seller was displaying more than actually interested in selling it, but I haven't seen it up again for about 6 months. If it came back up around $2,000 I'd probably try and find a way to acquire.

I forgot to compliment on your Goldy super, that thing is amazing! I'm sure it cost a pretty penny but I bet it looks amazing in person.

Thanks, it's probably my new favorite card in the PC - when I saw that design come out I knew I had to get it! The card is what thicker than I thought though, looks like it'll need a 360pt case or something.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Nothing new in lately, and probably won't be until next week, so figured I'd post some more pickups from the last couple months.

2015 Topps Update All-Star Stitches Gold/50

2015 Bowman's Best Blue Refractor/150, Gold Refractor/50

2012 Bowman Red Paper 1/1

2015 Topps Strata Clearly Authentics Black/50 - with half of my favorite D-backs patch ever, the "DB" snake with the tongue sticking out

2015 Topps Triple Threads Letter Plus Relic Autograph/3

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia

Absolutely beautiful. Must be even better in hand.

D2R and others, really nice stuff. He is a perfect collector's target...fantastic young player who doesn't get much love (which keeps his prices down). I actually like that Topps makes so many nice card of him. I will try and scan my few of him. I don't buy his stuff, but if I pull it, I hold it.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Finally, this is actually my personal favorite of my Goldschmidt cards. Not only is it the first auto of his that I pack pulled, but I like the look of the Obak mini autos.

mini front.jpegmini back.jpeg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
That Obak is awesome, I actually really liked that set when it came out, but never bought anything from it.

One of my favorite parallel sets of the year is the acetates in the base Topps set. Got this bad boy in while I was on vacation, to go along with he 2015 version - still haven't seen a 2014.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ok. I made my mind. I definitely want a Goldy auto. Which one would you recommend?

How much you willing to pay? My top answer will always be the BC auto for any player if they have one but base are going for around $130 now so it's not cheap.
If that's too expensive that I'd need to know your preferences, do you care if it's a sticker auto or not and do you like autograph/relic cards or prefer just autos?

Members online