Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone consider Pujols a good investment at this point?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I was just casually surfing eBay and it's really easy to get a bunch of decent 2003-2007 Pujols autographs for less than $70. I know him switching teams depressed those cards's prices, as well as not being the far-and-away best player in baseball anymore; but this guy WAS the talent of the previous decade. When he retires and goes to the HoF though, the hype could rebuild. He's 1st ballot without question, so would anyone consider buying on the relative cheap in hopes that, in a few years, you could see a 25%-30% increase?

Just looking for opinions.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I do, regardless of what happens (barring something critically smearing) he will be remembered as a generational player, one of the best ever to play the sport. Future generations will want his cardboard.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm not sure about non-RC stuff, because there is so many autos, game used etc out there. So unless its from a "classic" set, I'm not sure I'd dump a lot into it. We are 7-10 years away from HOF. I'm not sure a 20-30% margin waiting that long is worth it. Now if we are talking adding PC items and not worried about the sell off, sure, I think there can be good/great buys.

Ryan

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I don't really see what would make the non rookie stuff shoot up in price, it seems that everyone that wants a Pujols Auto has one and that's why your seeing a bit of a lull in prices, I think now is a good time to get one for your PC if you want one and I think that his rookie auto's still have room to grow over time. But who knows if he stops signing after retirement maybe things could see a bit of a bounce, if he keeps signing maybe they end up like rickey henderson's or Frank Thomas's auto.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I keep looking for hard to find Pujols cards, especially oddball cards, in hopes that they will increase in value like some of Griffey's have. I use to collect Griffey but it got to be where I could no longer afford some of his cards so I switched to Pujols.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I keep looking for hard to find Pujols cards, especially oddball cards, in hopes that they will increase in value like some of Griffey's have. I use to collect Griffey but it got to be where I could no longer afford some of his cards so I switched to Pujols.

Out of the frying pan eh?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

I thought about that too. You'd have to determine which 2000's inserts are going to be the Crusades and Finest refractors for that era.

Off the top of my head, I could see Upper Deck f/x rarities, Studio Portraits, Leaf Certified Materials, Absolute TotT, and maybe Heritage black refractors. Any other suggestions?

Members online

Latest posts