Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A couple of tremendous finds - now down to one!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Greetings!

I don't often post here, mainly because I don't have much activity to chime in on or show. I try and read the boards through the week. Anyway, I somehow managed to pick up 3! cards to add to my collection in the past week, which hasn't happened, in about 10 years or more.

First up is the 99 Finest Gold Refractors that others have recently snagged. Had it not been for this message board, I would've totally missed these to be honest. And I always peel these types of cards - that's how I like them displayed in my collection. :)
99FinestGoldNNO_zpscztj9zm2.jpg

Next up is a Team giveaway - a 98 Indians Ballpark set. I grabbed the whole set as I was missing the Tribe Infielders card. I never even knew this particular card existed until a few years ago when a fellow collector gave me a heads up on it. I had the regular card of Travis, but not the group picture. One thing of note, this particular team set does not have stats/info on the back, like previous copies I have do. So an interesting variation, but again, one I'm very glad to snag!
98IndiansInfielders_zpscsrpwwtt.jpg

And the grand finale. 2002 Fleer Triple Crown Red. Big deal, right? This should be easy enough to find, right? Well, in this particular parallel, the red is equal to the # of home runs the player hit the year before. Travis was injured and missed about 60 games the year prior, so he only hit 3 home runs! I didn't think I would ever see one of these surface, and I was right for 14 years. Until one came up for sale from a fellow in Japan a couple weeks ago. This is the lowest pack issued Fryman card on my list (save for 1/1's obviously) and I finally have it. Yay!
02TripleCrownRed3Front_zpsugobe56x.jpg
02TripleCrownRed3back_zpsh78sgddc.jpg

That leaves me down to 1 pack issued Fryman that I am still searching for - the elusive 98 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor /5. If anybody ever gets a lead on one, please give me a shout. I'm still in search of a couple variations and some may/may not exist promos/samples (and that pacific online if one ever got redeemed). Thanks!
- Greg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Great stuff! I need the Red Triple Crown myself. Mine's /17 so I can appreciate the /3! Think I have an unnumbered version as filler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Congrats ! It has to feel ULTRA good to knock that Fleer Triple Crown parallel off the list !

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Those are great PC wins! Especially the Fleer Triple Crown Red. Grace had 15 copies. Hard back in the day, almost impossible now to find the low-number total guys. Only one guy in the set had less copies than Fryman: Barry Larkin with 2. Oddly, Nomar Garciaparra and Frank Thomas only had 4 that year. Everyone else had 7 or more I believe.

02FLEERTRIPLECROWNHR.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts