Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One More Reason Not to Like Probstein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't understand what the problem is. Are you familiar with that set? There were several different types of manufactured patches used at different print run tiers. They weren't described as game-used, just as design elements. Probstein isn't saying it's GU, either.

There were GU patches, but they were much smaller and identified as such.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
The card is 100% legit. It is not game used and it doesn't say it is either. 2004 sweet spot classic had all kinds of manufacturing patches just like this clemente.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Andre Dawson has 9 different manufactured patches in this set including an MLB logo patch /25 that I have never seen surface on eBay

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, a lil research will show the set was made that way. If anyone is buying that thinking its a GU Patch, that's on them...

Ryan

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Yeah, a lil research will show the set was made that way. If anyone is buying that thinking its a GU Patch, that's on them...

Ryan

You do not think there is anything the seller could do to clarify exactly what the item is, in the title or somewhere in the listing?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My first wife bought me a fake logo card of Clemens for my birthday many years ago. Luckily she got "a great deal" for only 40 otherwise I would have been all over that seller for a refund. Nothing to do with this topic but I thought I'd chime in anyway

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
You do not think there is anything the seller could do to clarify exactly what the item is, in the title or somewhere in the listing?

No , they aren't trying to deceive. Could they add info, yes. Blame the manufacture for making these.

Ryan

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
No , they aren't trying to deceive. Could they add info, yes. Blame the manufacture for making these.

What do the backs of the cards say? Notice how there is not a scan of the back either in the listing? Probably just an oversight, right? I did not say they were trying to be deceptive but they certainly do not add clarity either.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
What do the backs of the cards say? Notice how there is not a scan of the back either in the listing? Probably just an oversight, right? I did not say they were trying to be deceptive but they certainly do not add clarity either.

Most auctions of modern cards don't have scans of the back, and it seems like most sellers nowadays go out of their way to not say anything about the card other than "LOOK AT THE SCAN". It's not really a Probstein thing.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Most auctions of modern cards don't have scans of the back, and it seems like most sellers nowadays go out of their way to not say anything about the card other than "LOOK AT THE SCAN". It's not really a Probstein thing.

Certainly is not but neither is clarity apparently.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
No, I did not buy this from Probstein. Bought this way back when.....

attachment.php

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Of all the things to blame probstien for, lol, this is not one of them. Anthonycorona made a good point and I think it's up to us the collectors to educate anyone we may think is going to buy for themselves or others so people don't get burnt. There are many that don't follow message boards and fall for the obvious as the poster who posted this. He thought probstien was trying to fool people again while the rest of us knew what was up with the card. Yes I find it comical only because I'm so educated in this field but it's a serious problem for those who do not know or with limited knowledge. I don't like to see anyone get burnt. I've been there!

Members online

Latest posts