Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Signed The 2016 Topps Heritage Jim Owens Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Well, I totally believe you are his son now. Thorough.

I based my statements about your father's drinking from stories I read while researching Don Wilson's "suicide" and from statements made to me by players that were around him at the time. I totally see how it would upset you, but that was not my intent.

If you were at all interested in telling another side to the story, I'd love to add it. Drop me an e-mail at [email protected]. I'd also be happy to share more details of my buddy's experience and maybe you can shed some light on why your dad chased him and thousands of dollars away after agreeing to do the signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I googled Jim Owens baseball cards and I saw the forum. I really have no reason to argue my identity, but if it will help bring some closure to the question of authenticity of my dads signature on the Topps cards then I don't mind. My name is James P Owens JR. I was born October 29 1968 in Sarasota Florida. My sisters name is Deborah Ann Owens, who does still live with my dad. My mothers name was at the time her and my father were married was Elizabeth "Lisa" Owens. I still live in the Houston area a few minuets away from dad where I grew up. Therion if your friend did supposedly go to dads to get his autograph at his home he will know dad still lives in Houston in Clear Lake City off of Ramada Dr, same street he has lived for the last 40 years. Only other info I can give that might help is my phone number 832-661-8433, what else more could you want? I have nothing to prove or to gain from helping you prove the authenticity of these cards. I just hate to see my father taking the time sign these cards and there being some doubt of the signature being authentic.

I'd do the same thing man. You have nothing to apologize for in defending your father.

If you say he signed those cards I've got no reason not to believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
It also seems less about believing Owens and more about collectors knowing that random people, not pictured on the card, have signed cards for card companies; some under pretense of being the person pictured.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
The things you can see in a minor league club house . Sadly I've seen a trash can full of TTM not even opened.
When I worked for local PD 1970's we had a forger sign your name upside down after you wrote it and you couldn't tell which you did .

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I googled Jim Owens baseball cards and I saw the forum. I really have no reason to argue my identity, but if it will help bring some closure to the question of authenticity of my dads signature on the Topps cards then I don't mind. My name is James P Owens JR. I was born October 29 1968 in Sarasota Florida. My sisters name is Deborah Ann Owens, who does still live with my dad. My mothers name was at the time her and my father were married was Elizabeth "Lisa" Owens. I still live in the Houston area a few minuets away from dad where I grew up. Therion if your friend did supposedly go to dads to get his autograph at his home he will know dad still lives in Houston in Clear Lake City off of Ramada Dr, same street he has lived for the last 40 years. Only other info I can give that might help is my phone number 832-661-8433, what else more could you want? I have nothing to prove or to gain from helping you prove the authenticity of these cards. I just hate to see my father taking the time sign these cards and there being some doubt of the signature being authentic.

Do you know whether there was a Topps' rep there with him when he signed the cards?