Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I cant stand some eBay buyers. just venting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
quick synopsis

sold a card on March 3rd. immediately after payment buyer messages me and says.

"Add Delivery tracking number"

Ok fine, I always ships using paypal so once I print label it is automatically updated but OK. Maybe he is just anxious. Although now I am already getting an uneasy feeling that this is going to be a pain in the ass. Not sure why, just a feeling.

i shipped the card on March 4th and drop it off at the PO. Here is the tracking status

Tracking #:

Carrier:

USPS

Delivery status not updated

Mar-07-16, 23:12 PM

Out for Delivery

Mar-07-16, 09:12 AM, FRANKFORT, IL 60423

Sorting Complete

Mar-07-16, 09:02 AM, FRANKFORT, IL 60423

Arrived at Post Office

Mar-07-16, 08:18 AM, FRANKFORT, IL 60423

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

Mar-05-16, 23:07 PM, CHICAGO METRO

Departed USPS Facility

Mar-04-16, 22:56 PM, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

Mar-04-16, 16:53 PM, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

Mar-04-16, 15:38 PM, ROSEVILLE, CA 95678

So apparently my card went out for delivery on March 7th but never got updated after that.

Today, I get this message from the buyer-

Hello: Please find out were my card is !!!!! It will be one week tommorow, it didn't arrive in the mail today. Please let me know ASAP !!!! Thank you AL

I am calling the PO now and trying to find out where it is. I also can understand being upset that the card hasn't shown up yet. But if he would just look at the tracking he would see that it was shipped a day after he paid. I am just at a loss at the abrasiveness of the message. Maybe I am misreading it, but the 5 exclamation points after a few of his concerns makes me feel like his frustration is aimed at me. I had a bad feeling intially and now I know why. If the package does not ever show up delivered I will refund the purchase, it is not worth the headache, but this guy will be blocked immediately.

sorry for the long post just had to vent.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
That isnt even what bugs me. it is that I shipped it and it should have been delivered in 5 days. The PO has dropped the ball with their scans. And now he is coming at me like "hey, it will be one week tomorrow and I still dont have the card" like I didnt ship the darn thing in a timely fashion. I will make it right if the PO ends up screwing me, but come on man.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It's these bozo no-patience, everything has to be my way and 3,000% perfect, buyers who have driven me further and further away from selling on ebay. I've got a $100 card that I need to sell there but I keep procrastinating because I don't want to deal with buyers like this and people who lowball then get pissed at you when you don't want to accept way less than the going rate because that's what they think it "should" be worth, or that's all they have and I should take pity on them.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
i agree with you about slowly moving away from it. (eBay). I love the exposure but hate the barrage of idiots. i also hate that when I block a buyer they still have access to messaging me. I am blocking them for a reason. i dont want to sell or hear from them.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I was looking at a cell phone re-seller's ebay feedback and I was shocked at the illegible, nonsensical comments in the negative (and positive) feedback. It is like the english language has died.

I had an offer on ebay today for one of my cards that may (or may not) come with the added benefit of receiving all the seller's Manny cards that he has and a TV. Really! I might engage on that one just to see what happens.... ;)

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I was looking at a cell phone re-seller's ebay feedback and I was shocked at the illegible, nonsensical comments in the negative (and positive) feedback. It is like the english language has died.

I had an offer on ebay today for one of my cards that may (or may not) come with the added benefit of receiving all the seller's Manny cards that he has and a TV. Really! I might engage on that one just to see what happens.... ;)

Haha. I wonder if it is an old analog TV? That would be sweet

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Update: Buyer opened a case on eBay and asked me to send a refund. I let him know on Friday that I opened a case with the USPS on Friday and it would take them 3 business days to respond to me. I also let him know that if I heard nothing back from them in that window then I would refund the money. It has been EXACTLY 1/2 a business day as he opened the case last night. It is isn't worth my headache so I refunded him the 12.99 total this morning, but I am blocking this guy. In case anyone cares his eBay ID josh1alan

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I like how people think sellers have a direct line to the exact post office where the card last appeared, and that everyone at that post office knows exactly where every piece of mail is. Like you can call up the Roseville post office and they'll say,"Oh right, that brown puffy #000 envelope with the from and to address on it, and some stamps. Yeah, we put that in delivery bin B at 3:38:15 pm yesterday and it will be delivered by Postal Employee Newman at 8:29:27 AM tomorrow."

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I like how people think sellers have a direct line to the exact post office where the card last appeared, and that everyone at that post office knows exactly where every piece of mail is. Like you can call up the Roseville post office and they'll say,"Oh right, that brown puffy #000 envelope with the from and to address on it, and some stamps. Yeah, we put that in delivery bin B at 3:38:15 pm yesterday and it will be delivered by Postal Employee Newman at 8:29:27 AM tomorrow."

I did actually call the Post office this morning it went out from. I did a little checking around and actually was able to speak to a rep over there. She knew which package I was talking about because I had opened a case on Friday. She said they did have it and it went on the delivery truck. She said she spoke to the delivery guy and he said that this buyer receives many packages and he thinks he just forgot to scan it.... :eek: but he is isn't 100% sure. They have sent out letter to the surrounding neighbors to see if maybe they by accident received the item. Then she proceeds to tell me that is all they can do. It is what it is and THANK GOD it was only a $10 card but the fact that they hold NO accountability is BS. If this were a $50 or $100 card I would be even more pissed. Mistakes happen and I get that but to hold no responsibility is laughable!!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
HAHA just got a call from the USPS and the lady proceeds to tell me that if the card doesn't show up in 30 days then they just consider it a lost item. Sorry about that but these things happen she tells me. LMAO WOW!!!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I live in a subdivision with clusterboxes. If I get something that doesn't fit in the 2" tall mailbox, like a box of cards or something, it gets put in a locker and the key to the locker goes in my mailbox. Last year I had a $250 item show as "delivered to locker" but no key appeared in my box. I went to the PO three times asking them to look in the other mailboxes in my clusterbox for the key, but apparently, it would have been easier to get my face on a stamp. Their default response was,"Let's wait a week and see if it shows up." Like it wasn't possible for someone to just keep my package, which is what happened. Paypal denied my claim because it had been "delivered." Luckily, my credit card company (Chase Visa), had my back. But jeez, a chain is only as good as its weakest link, and if the weak link can't manage to put the key in the right box, you're screwed.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
HAHA just got a call from the USPS and the lady proceeds to tell me that if the card doesn't show up in 30 days then they just consider it a lost item. Sorry about that but these things happen she tells me. LMAO WOW!!!

...they do happen, sometimes. Not sure what you expected her to say that garnered the WOW reaction. That's why you buy insurance if it's something pricey.

Th crappy part is that this guy will end up with a refund and the card, since 9 times out of ten for me, when the card is held up in the system for a few days it eventually gets delivered. I'm sort of guessing here that he's not the kind of person that will re-send payment once he gets the card, or send the card back.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
You get like 3 days or so to respond to the open case. I would've waited until the last second to give the PO enough time to find/deliver it and then it either gets closed or a refund.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
You get like 3 days or so to respond to the open case. I would've waited until the last second to give the PO enough time to find/deliver it and then it either gets closed or a refund.

i would agree with you. but the way this guy is being I would rather refund and close it rather than him leave a neg and be a dick. not worth the headache. If he ends up getting the item and not paying then I will blast him. but at least he cant leave a neg anymore.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
...they do happen, sometimes. Not sure what you expected her to say that garnered the WOW reaction. That's why you buy insurance if it's something pricey.

Th crappy part is that this guy will end up with a refund and the card, since 9 times out of ten for me, when the card is held up in the system for a few days it eventually gets delivered. I'm sort of guessing here that he's not the kind of person that will re-send payment once he gets the card, or send the card back.

how about sorry for the inconvenience. or any sort of recognition that they ****** up. not just lost item deal with it impertinent attitude. can they fix it, probably not. But maybe just maybe they could show some concern. I guess that is asking to much. Wow!!! and I am not insuring a $10 card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts