Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Member "status"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
First off, I could care less about this as a membership "status" feature, but it was interesting to see as I was looking at some of the members here and how their profile was designated. I took a random sampling and saw Junior Members, Members and Senior Members. There may be other classifications as well, aside from staff members/owners, but I didn't find them in my quick sample. However, I am now curious as to how those are determined. As best I can tell, it is not based strictly on a join date or a post count. Is there some other mysterious magical formula?

For example, I joined in 2010 and at this point have 1683 posts. I am a "member".

Another person joined in 2012 and has over 1650 posts and is a "senior member".

I see another person joined in 2008 and has about 1400 posts and is a "member".

Yet another person joined in 2008 as well, but only has just under 1200 posts and is a "senior member".

See, there doesn't seem to a be a rhyme or reason to it. I am not angling for a change, maybe those designations don't update anymore, but just curious. I'd never really noticed until this evening for some reason.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I see no reason why I have senior member status while mrmopar is just a lowly, common member. ;)

For real, this is strange...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
TOTAL POSTS 15,952

JOIN DATE 03-01-2009

That join date is off by quite a bit too, as is my post count. It should be several thousand higher as well. [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] accidentally deleted my account once and I had to register again.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
First off, I could care less about this as a membership "status" feature, but it was interesting to see as I was looking at some of the members here and how their profile was designated. I took a random sampling and saw Junior Members, Members and Senior Members. There may be other classifications as well, aside from staff members/owners, but I didn't find them in my quick sample. However, I am now curious as to how those are determined. As best I can tell, it is not based strictly on a join date or a post count. Is there some other mysterious magical formula?

For example, I joined in 2010 and at this point have 1683 posts. I am a "member".

Another person joined in 2012 and has over 1650 posts and is a "senior member".

I see another person joined in 2008 and has about 1400 posts and is a "member".

Yet another person joined in 2008 as well, but only has just under 1200 posts and is a "senior member".

See, there doesn't seem to a be a rhyme or reason to it. I am not angling for a change, maybe those designations don't update anymore, but just curious. I'd never really noticed until this evening for some reason.

Didnt they tell you? You have to provide donuts to the morning thread.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
To be a senior member it requires some "palm dusting" I'll be accepting credit card numbers in my pm box.

Totally kidding, if you send me your cc number I'm deleting it and calling you an idiot. :)

Members online