Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay seller rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
So I've been watching a card that was 69.99 obo. Well I decided I might buy it. I message the seller asking about condition, and I'm happy with what he says. I go to make a best offer, and he's raised the price $5 to 74.99 obo. That's kinda shady to me, but whatever. So I offer 56.50, and with the $3.50 shipping making it $60. He send a counter offer for the original asking price of the newly raised to $74.99. Why even have a best offer option if your not going to use it. I thought he might counteroffer at ya know, $72 maybe $70. But nope. I would have come up with my offers. That's why I have 3 to use. I just dont understand some sellers

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'd wait it out to find it again... Wouldn't want to pay that seller if they bumped it up just because you messaged him. And if it wasn't selling at $69.99, I wouldn't go any higher with your offers.

Ryan

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I'd wait it out to find it again... Wouldn't want to pay that seller if they bumped it up just because you messaged him. And if it wasn't selling at $69.99, I wouldn't go any higher with your offers.

Ryan

True, I didn't think about that, it not selling at the original price

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
It would be fun to tell him that you were ready to counter with a higher offer, but with his shady practice of bumping up the original price, you'll just buy it somewhere else probably for less than your initial offer.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Knock on wood but my luck with sellers and buyers during my eBay career have been good experiences. I guess I'm lucky when it comes to this subject because I hear these problems all the time.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
I didn't mind so much that he bumped up the price after I showed interest. It was that he lists it as best offer, and I offered 75% of his asking price with my 1st offer. It wasnt lowball city right away. I started at $56, say he countered at $72, I'd up it to 62. Next he goes to say $69, I'd go to $65. If he came back at like $67-68, I'd do that. Or send me a message saying "hey, $69 is the lowest I can go" . I'd then decide if that what i was willing to pay. Dont just counteroffer at your original asking price, work with me

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I would never make another purchase from a seller like that.

This.

Too bad we don't know who it is, so I could put that seller on my no buy from list.

Like others have said, you will probably find your card from another seller for less.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Well there's another Lefty Gomez auto that just came up for auction starting at $25. Probably will get it cheaper

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
So I just looked at the auction again. The seller lowered it back down to $69.99 again. Guess cuz I didn't show any interest in it for a few days. He did message me that the lowest he'd take is $70 delivered. But its still up for $69.99 OR BEST OFFER. Why even have the best offer option there, if your not going to sell it for lower than the asking price

Members online

Latest posts