Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Now - Website Exclusive Event Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
To get the price down for collectors who want just 1 they pay 7 instead of 10 on release day, and if print run is low enough,
If not sold out, it could be an investment later in the year

Your basically breaking even then, maybe $.50-1/profit a card then. Is that worth it? $3.50 plus your cost of shipping/supplies puts ya' $6-6.50. Are you just hoping you hit on some that have higher long term values? Or am I misreading your $7/dlvd as your site has them listed at $7 then the $2.50 shipping?

Ryan

A_Pharis

Your basically breaking even then, maybe $.50-1/profit a card then. Is that worth it? $3.50 plus your cost of shipping/supplies puts ya' $6-6.50. Are you just hoping you hit on some that have higher long term values? Or am I misreading your $7/dlvd as your site has them listed at $7 then the $2.50 shipping?

Ryan

$2.50 shipping? Is this for any number of cards? So really someone would only save money if they bought multiples.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida

Ryan
$2.50 shipping? Is this for any number of cards? So really someone would only save money if they bought multiples.

$7 shipped is release day only. Will ship in flat padded envelope for 1 card,
After the 24 hour mark, then market decides price..
If I can buy every day, I will have sold out cards at $7 and up to sell and that's when people can buy a selection of Topps Now cards from me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think this would go like the first run of eTopps where no one cared until they found out how short the print runs were on the early IPOs, after which they went crazy. The players about whom the fewest people cared became the most valuable. In a fairly short order, people stopped caring again, but the few people who foresaw that pattern and sold when things shot up made serious bank. Obviously, things are different now, with the internet and ecommerce completely integrated into our lives, and having the model of eTopps to use as a guide, so it won't be such a drastic spike. But I still think it will happen. Seeing so few copies made of the first day's cards would seem to point that way. Imagine after a full season, 200-300 cards have been made. Certainly at least a few people would want to build the whole set, and player/team/school/country/event collectors will be searching for their cards. That's when things will get crazy, especially on those days where "nothing" happens and few people order.

Will there be people buying every card daily? At $10 or $20, or more, per day to keep up with the set (buying 1 copy), it's an expensive proposition. Then at the end of the year, say 300 cards get made, $3000 spent building it. Would there be someone, or sometwo or someten, willing to buy a whole set for > $3000? Would breakup value be higher? It will be interesting to watch.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I like the idea so far.. I'll be buying 10-20 per day for a while and see how it comes along..
Harper & Story listed on my site for $7.00 each. Free shipping on ToppsNow cards
also just added David Ortiz to my site

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
site updated - Ortiz is the lone card for today. Print runs of yesterday's cards:

Harper - 782
Story - 981

I'm curious now if Story gets another card tomorrow since he's the only player in MLB history to homer in the first 3 games of their career.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
site updated - Ortiz is the lone card for today. Print runs of yesterday's cards:

Harper - 782
Story - 981

I'm curious now if Story gets another card tomorrow since he's the only player in MLB history to homer in the first 3 games of their career.

Which begs the question of how do they keep this from turning into Moments and Milestones Online? By the end of the year if there's 10 different Story cards then are any of them even going to carry a premium? So I agree, it'll be interesting to see if they'll just double up if nothing else is going on

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Which begs the question of how do they keep this from turning into Moments and Milestones Online? By the end of the year if there's 10 different Story cards then are any of them even going to carry a premium? So I agree, it'll be interesting to see if they'll just double up if nothing else is going on

Well, even if they have more than 1 card, it cant be the same exact card..
as the 1st one is stats about his debut

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
Interested to see if Maeda has a good game, if they do a RC of him tomorrow. Do they have international shipping?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

I agree to a point. They should only make if it's a great event or record setting. If his 8th hr isn't "crazy" or didn't set a record, don't make it. They really should be conscientious of making only moments that are "wow" IMO.

Ryan

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Just bought 5 of the Ortiz. Only have light interested in these however as I doubt Doerr will get one...

I like and prefer this idea to spending money in Bunt...

Thanks,
Jeff

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Just bought 5 of the Ortiz. Only have light interested in these however as I doubt Doerr will get one...

I like and prefer this idea to spending money in Bunt...

Thanks,
Jeff

I wish they had this back in the day. Would have loved to have a Dawson 1987 HR Derby Champ card or a Dawson gets hit in the face by a pitch and Rick Sutcliffe charges the mound for him or Dawson goes crazy and throws all the team bats in the dugout out on field or Dawson's first game back from being hit in the face with a pitch he hits three home runs in the game.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
400 Hrs are coming up for Teixeira and Beltran, so there will probably be cards for those 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online