Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Now - Website Exclusive Event Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Hmmm, Topps is issuing "recent event" cards now on their website. Kinda like eTopps did, but faster turn around. Cards are available for 24 hrs. only, and print runs announced next day. Thoughts?

https://www.topps.com/collectibles/...ow Launch One&utm_term=All Sports and Auction

artbb-16c2s-16tn-0002-1.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
$9.99 each with free shipping (cards ship within a week). I gotta say this exactly what I thought it was going to be. I'm a little torn by it. Part of me likes the concept a lot. Part of me continues to dislike no traditional sales outlets for "collecting". In any case I think the price point with the free shipping is better than I expected. Print runs will be interesting to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
well that could be bad if they make a nice card, it wont be in the set the following year..
If they did this for "The Flip", then that card we see now would not be in the set.
Also if you buy the card for $9.99 and that card also becomes part of the set, could that upset you?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
well that could be bad if they make a nice card, it wont be in the set the following year..
If they did this for "The Flip", then that card we see now would not be in the set.
Also if you buy the card for $9.99 and that card also becomes part of the set, could that upset you?

If I buy the card from NOW, That's What I Call Topps then that will likely be more limited than any release the following year (not to mention a different card set entirely) so that probably wouldn't bother me. I don't doubt Topps' ability to create buzz for a base card in their flagship release one way or the other either. Those will happen somehow

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is just like eTopps and their IPOs. Popular cards will generate more buyers and thus have higher print runs and lower values. Less popular cards will be the opposite, so it creates (at least temporarily) a perception of increased "value" for some of the less popular cards that all of the sudden become more popular when everyone wants the "SP" now.

Stupid idea from a collector stance, especially since modern collecting is already so much like "what have you done for me lately" but I'm sure it will be a good enough idea where it counts, to make Topps some $.

Of course, I would only be interested in a Garvey related card, if one were to be made. If the series is popular enough, they WILL dip into retired players at some point.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Just ordered 20 of each for today and will list them on my website as a presell....
Not sure what price is fair for a player, Maybe depends on how many they make..

and keep a couple out to make a couple of complete sets!

Last edited:

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I don't see them holding their value. Just like most eTopps didn't. Might be able to flip on eBay fast though. I'm not buying any.
Etopps was $12 to ship, plus the card

This is $10.00 shipped for 1 card, but I'm working on listing the cards on my website...

Thinking about selling for $7.00 a card dlvd on release day and seeing what happens the next day after the print run is released for each card.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Etopps was $12 to ship, plus the card

This is $10.00 shipped for 1 card, but I'm working on listing the cards on my website...

Thinking about selling for $7.00 a card dlvd on release day and seeing what happens the next day after the print run is released for each card.

I'm curious why you would do this?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
To get the price down for collectors who want just 1 they pay 7 instead of 10 on release day, and if print run is low enough,
If not sold out, it could be an investment later in the year

Interesting gamble! It'll be interesting to watch this unfold. Player collectors love this stuff

Latest posts