Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unusual babe Ruth pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Picked this up from the babe Ruth museum. I already had a brick from Fenway , Yankee stadium and wrigley ( for his called shot) so I figured getting a brick from the house he was born in would be a cool addition. It is not a big dollar item but I love it. It is $29.99 with free shipping. Anyone else have any bricks??

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Anyone else have any bricks??

Yes, but not quite like yours...A few years ago my wife arranged for this brick as part of the 100 year anniversary celebration at Fenway Park.

Here is the replica brick I have:
attachment.php

The commemorative placard on the top:
attachment.php

And here is the real brick in its natural environment in Fenway Park. For all I know, you walked on me!
attachment.php

We love finding the brick when we go to the park.

Attachments

• Brick.JPG
    Brick.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Brick top.JPG
    Brick top.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 155
  • brick in fenway.JPG
    brick in fenway.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 158

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Yes, but not quite like yours...A few years ago my wife arranged for this brick as part of the 100 year anniversary celebration at Fenway Park.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here is the real brick in its natural environment in Fenway Park. For all I know, you walked on me!
attachment.php

Both awesome, but that's so cool Torrance!

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
That's awesome Very cool story

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cool subset of collecting a player. I don't have anything like it, but still enjoy anything oddball.

Ryan

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Pretty unique. I was in a shop in New Orleans today when they got a shipment in from UDA. He opened it. Inside was a dual signed personal check by Babe Ruth made out to himself where he signed the front and back cor $50 on Dec 21, 1936. Pretty friggin amazing to see something like that. Dual authenticated by JSA and Upper Deck.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
That check was how his wife kept his spending under control. Usually the checks were for $50. Would love to get one someday

UOTE=rexvos;2366650]Pretty unique. I was in a shop in New Orleans today when they got a shipment in from UDA. He opened it. Inside was a dual signed personal check by Babe Ruth made out to himself where he signed the front and back cor $50 on Dec 21, 1936. Pretty friggin amazing to see something like that. Dual authenticated by JSA and Upper Deck.[/QUOTE]

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Picked this up from the babe Ruth museum.

ordinarily I'd think it's cool but I think it's sad. I visited the Babe Ruth Birthplace museum circa 1988 and enjoyed it. What makes me sad is all the remodeling they have done since then. It's probably looking nothing like it did when I visited and I bet it's to the point if you could put life back in Babe Ruth, he wouldn't recognize the house or many areas inside it. I would like a museum that does such minimally necessary renovation that it's the same appearance and configuration as what it was like to visit a baby Babe Ruth in 1895 at his home.

$30 dlvd on the site as you mentioned for the brick but it doesn't say specifically if it's an original 1800's brick from the home or if it's some brick that was added during some renovation from the 1950's to present and then was taken out when that area of the home was re-renovated.

Members online

Latest posts