Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dee Gordon suspended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
All-Star second baseman has been suspended 80 games, without pay, after testing positive for exogenous Testosterone and Clostebol, two performance-enhancing substances that are banned under Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

MLB made the announcement on Thursday night following the Marlins' win over the Dodgers.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
crazy, they should strip him of his batting title and give it to Harper. ;)

I'll accept this additional punishment the instant they strip Lyin' Ryan Braun of his MVP and give it to Matt Kemp.

Disappointing about Gordon. I was just talking with my son tonight about how the Dodgers haven't had a whisper of a running game since he was traded and that I missed having him in the lineup.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I'll accept this additional punishment the instant they strip Lyin' Ryan Braun of his MVP and give it to Matt Kemp.

Disappointing about Gordon. I was just talking with my son tonight about how the Dodgers haven't had a whisper of a running game since he was traded and that I missed having him in the lineup.

very true, and I know it wouldn't happen. Its really too bad though because I enjoyed watching him play.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's cray-cray! His game doesn't need peds to be effective.

Watching the bot of 9th on MLB.TV and showing a shot of Dee in the dugout, who knew Dee would have been just moments away from being suspended!

Hopefully the prices of his stuff will crash...really nice patches out there I would love to buy at a massive discount despite him being busted.

Last edited:

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'll put this right here....

bonds.jpg

Fordman

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I don't really follow him much, but just looked him up...From Wikipedia

Devaris Gordon was born in Windermere, Florida, to former Major League pitcher Tom Gordon and Devona Denise Strange.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] His parents were high-school sweethearts but did not marry; Tom had relationships with three other women as well and had a total of five children, all in Florida.[SUP][2][/SUP] Dee was his second-oldest.[SUP][2][/SUP] When Dee was six years old, his mother Devona was shot to death by an ex-boyfriend.[SUP][4][/SUP] Tom sued for custody of Dee and raised him with the help of his own mother, Dee's grandmother.[
Gordon created "Flash of Hope", a charity to help children whose parent died as a result of domestic abuse. Working with the Florida District Attorney's office, he invites one child a month to join him in the clubhouse and during batting practice.[SUP][4][/SUP] He says: "I just want to show them that the world isn't over for them, that they're going to be all right".[

Kid overcame a lot and apparently was trying to help others. Hopefully he does not repeat the PED mistake.

On the lighter side, can you imagine how slender he would be w/o the PEDs?

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Will this finally convince everyone that PEDs don't only equal more HR? They can help every single player in the league, the improved recovery seems like it would be extremely helpful for pitchers.

Gordon most certainly used this to improve his game and that means far more than the doubling of his career HRs in one season.

Members online