Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1989 Upper Deck Hologram variations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I'm not sure if this would be considered a variation or not, as I've never heard of a hologram variation for '89 Upper Deck, but after going through a large lot of Maddux cards I came across one that stood out. While most either had a combination of baseballs and the words 'Upper Deck', or only 'Upper Deck', but one of them only had baseballs - no matter it's orientation in the light. So, I guess my question is does this constitute a variation?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• UD89Maddux1.jpg
    UD89Maddux1.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 51
  • UD89Maddux2.jpg
    UD89Maddux2.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 52

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I would definitely call that a variation in my opinion. So much so that I'm glad you pointed it out because I really would like to find one for my O'Neill PC.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Yup, there's a whole thread dedicate to this and more.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...scussion-Reference-Thread?highlight=variation

I haven't updated the OP in ages and need to do this. If you just saw the '89, you should also take a look at '91. Not pictured in the '91 is the third variation which is the NHL hologram. There's also a myriad of copyright variations as well. jacksonscoupage is the resident expert on all of these.

w_1989uddiffs.jpg

Missing the NHL hologram variation
w_1991uddeltas.jpg

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Yup, there's a whole thread dedicate to this and more.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...scussion-Reference-Thread?highlight=variation

I haven't updated the OP in ages and need to do this. If you just saw the '89, you should also take a look at '91. Not pictured in the '91 is the third variation which is the NHL hologram. There's also a myriad of copyright variations as well. jacksonscoupage is the resident expert on all of these.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I knew of copyright variations, gold holograms, and the NHL version, but had no earthly idea about the '89 hologram variation. I'll definitely check out the thread to see anything that I may have missed along the way.

Members online